Deleted car from iSmart and can't get it back

teejayuu

Standard Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi

Just got my car back from the dealer as it was having a paint chip on the bonnet touched up. The iSmart app wouldn't scan the car, nor let me change the charging, so I unbound the car from it. Now can't bind it again as it is showing activated in the Infotainment setting.

How do I re-bind it?

Solution
Thank you all for your support and patience: it's fixed🙏👍😎.

I rang my local MG dealer, (who have been brilliant [Luscombe Motors Leeds]especially Ross Travis and the guy I spoke to this morning) and it seems that the QR codes isn't in Settings...its in User. Had to re-enter my credentials again (and connect to my WiFi), but it is now connected🥳🎈🎉.
Just login to the app with your usual details? (Binding the car does not bind it to that phone, it binds the car to that account. That's why you can login to iSMART on several devices with the same login details - login on another device logs out the previous device that logged in).

What does a factory reset reset? I know when I factory reset of a phone, tablet etc it wipes everything. Would, for example reset the mileage?

What does a factory reset reset? I know when I factory reset of a phone, tablet etc it wipes everything. Would, for example reset the mileage?
I’m not actually certain, but I can’t imagine it’ll touch anything to do with mileage, it certainly shouldn’t be programmed to do this. It should just reset all of the user data and settings etc

Just check the car is receiving a good mobile signal.

It looks like the car didn't unbind itself from your account so if using your original log in details doesn't work you will have to ask your dealer to contact MG to reset the login.

I hit the unbind button in the app and entered the verify code, thinking that would reser it. I now know I shouldn't have done that.

What I need to do is rebind it, but I can't because I can't get to the QR code

I hit the unbind button in the app and entered the verify code, thinking that would reser it. I now know I shouldn't have done that.

What I need to do is rebind it, but I can't because I can't get to the QR code
You need to contact your dealer to get MG to remove the car from whatever account it is bound to. You can't do it only MG can.

If it’s the case that you have unbound the car from your account, the car shouldn’t be bound to any account and therefore should be ready to bind.

Are you not seeing the QR code because the screen isn’t displaying it correctly? I know some had issues with brightness settings and had to ensure their car was set to light rather than auto.

In saying that, if the car shows as activated, that would suggest it hasn’t unbound from your account properly. However if you sign into your account and the car isn’t bound to it, then something is amiss, hence why I suggested the infotainment reset.

Hopefully you get it resolved

In saying that, if the car shows as activated, that would suggest it hasn’t unbound from your account properly. However if you sign into your account and the car isn’t bound to it, then something is amiss, hence why I suggested the infotainment reset.

Hopefully you get it resolved
Thanks @Diggsy tried that and hasn't worked. Going to contact the dealer as @Ian Key suggested

Just out of spite, I tried the Reset to Factory option: this, I think, has wiped the binding as the infotainment centre only has a "configure" button. This takes me to a screen telling me to get the app, register and a small "connect" button. Tapping this shows "Network is not available. Please try again later".

Attachments

• 20230422_081454.jpg
    20230422_081454.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 59
Just out of spite, I tried the Reset to Factory option: this, I think, has wiped the binding as the infotainment centre only has a "configure" button. This takes me to a screen telling me to get the app, register and a small "connect" button. Tapping this shows "Network is not available. Please try again later".
I notice you are in dark mode. Try putting it in light mode and see if the QR code shoes up.

Thanks @Ian Key Tapping this shows "Network is not available. Please try again later". I end up skipping, entering language, time zone etc. Them when I go to Settings, Activation both are ticked and tapping them does nothing.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back