Digital key saved the day

It appears MG must have done some updates to their server software as the digital key now appears to be available for my Trophy and the Alarm setting has now appeared.

Just tested on my Trophy LR and it unlocks and starts. I do get a message stating it is only valid for 120s so reluctant to take for a drive using phine only.

Just tested on my Trophy LR and it unlocks and starts. I do get a message stating it is only valid for 120s so reluctant to take for a drive using phine only.
The 120 secs is the time limit by which you must open the driver door, sit on the seat and put the car into READY mode - not the driving time limit. :)

It's the same if you unlock using the key fob ... if you haven't opened a door within 2 minutes then the car relocks.

If I use the app to unlock my Trophy and sit in the driving seat there is a message on the drivers display saying 'Key not present' and the central display doesn't activate. The car is still OFF to all intents and purposes.

If I use the app to unlock my Trophy and sit in the driving seat there is a message on the drivers display saying 'Key not present' and the central display doesn't activate. The car is still OFF to all intents and purposes.
My Trophy is exactly the same.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel