Does high regen turn the brake light on?

Around 2 years ago long before the MG4 arrived on our shores this was an issue on the MG5 mainly, and some early models of the ZSev and a recall was issued for all MG5 pre 2021 if my memory serves me correctly.
It was a software update that was done FOC as it was a safety recall so I’m sure all vehicles be it the 4,5,ZSEV or others will now be compliant in this area.
Les

Can I get this right in my head?
I understand now when the brake lights are activated, but are the actual brakes applied? I have a ZS Trophy but I guess the same principles apply.

Ah you lot have it easy! The early shipment of MG5s did not display brake lights when high levels of regen were being experienced . We do now after a recall !!

Ah you lot have it easy! The early shipment of MG5s did not display brake lights when high levels of regen were being experienced . We do now after a recall !!
Aye life was hard in those pioneering days but look at philosophically, we didn’t have waste all that power lighting up the world we’d already seen and could look forward to that extra 1.35mm of range 😏

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back