Does the MG ZS EV come with wheel locking nuts?

Tell that to the “Pond Life” that once cut the side window out of a neighbours Vauxhall Corsa, stole the Jack and wheel brace, then used it to jack up each corner of our brand new car, removed each wheel ( no locking nuts ) then left it propped up on four rocks taken from next doors rockery and made off with our brand new wheels and tyres !.
Car was stranded on the drive, with a second car stuck in the garage in front.
That was not a quick “ In & Out” job.
They did not want to use the Jack in our car because it is as locked and alarmed,
They knew what they wanted and they where having them wheel no matter how much bother they had to go through to get them.
It was an insurance claim of course, but getting our car back on four wheels was a right pain !.
I then ended up fitted two sets of different types of locking wheel bolts, as I knew they would be back, once they had been replaced.
Lesson learnt !.
This kind of thing is the only reason I'm adding locking nuts, and contemplating not keeping the wheel covers on. Around these parts, they'd steal the milk from your tea.

Tell that to the “Pond Life” that once cut the side window out of a neighbours Vauxhall Corsa, stole the Jack and wheel brace, then used it to jack up each corner of our brand new car, removed each wheel ( no locking nuts ) then left it propped up on four rocks taken from next doors rockery and made off with our brand new wheels and tyres !.
Car was stranded on the drive, with a second car stuck in the garage in front.
That was not a quick “ In & Out” job.
They did not want to use the Jack in our car because it is as locked and alarmed,
They knew what they wanted and they where having them wheel no matter how much bother they had to go through to get them.
It was an insurance claim of course, but getting our car back on four wheels was a right pain !.
I then ended up fitted two sets of different types of locking wheel bolts, as I knew they would be back, once they had been replaced.
Lesson learnt !.
When did this happen ?

I got my car delivered just yesterday and I asked my dealer specifically about the wheel nuts. He confirmed MGs do NOT have locking wheel nuts. I have it on email. Have I been given incorrect information?
Just to clarify, MG do not supply cars from the factory with locking wheels nuts.
MG sold them as an accessory for the customer to buy.
Below is the link for the dealer.

Here is a link for the same items via Ebay.

Hope this helps !

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How can we get wheel lock for MG 22 zs, I tried but no luck, how long , what is the thread? Is it nut or screw? Thanks

How long ago was that though? It appears wheels are rarely nicked nowadays, you can tell because there are hardly any on Ebay!

Honestly, who would want to nick the alloys off of the 2.gen MG.

Ugly alloys, covered by some plastic trim. :)

We have gone a different route, our car is parked in front of the house, we have dim light on the driveway whenever it gets dark, motion sensor to flood the driveway if someone is detected, and a pretty decent camera if someone tries something anyway.

I am not saying that this works, but i am saying that we have had zero attempts to steal something off of our cars.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom