Does the MG4 come with keyless entry?

Are you considering buying a faraday pouch/box for your keys?

• Yes

• No

• Already have one

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd probably get a Faraday box so I can just throw the car and house keys in it and shut the lid. At the moment they get put into an old dish in the hall. As it's only a small deviation to what I already do I hopefully won't forget.

I'd probably get a Faraday box so I can just throw the car and house keys in it and shut the lid. At the moment they get put into an old dish in the hall. As it's only a small deviation to what I already do I hopefully won't forget.
Stick through the letterbox, knock the box on the floor, keys spill out , hook on the end of a stick to pick up house keys, enter house, pick up car key - Bye bye car Professional burglars probably can do this easier. ;)

Stick through the letterbox, knock the box on the floor, keys spill out , hook on the end of a stick to pick up house keys, enter house, pick up car key - Bye bye car Professional burglars probably can do this easier. ;)
It'd have to be a 12ft stick that bends and rubber coated so they don't wake the two dogs. If they did I hope they can run faster than 45mph as they are both greyhounds :ROFLMAO:

Most common form of break-in now, break into the house purely to get car keys

does the mg4 trophy ev have stop and go what i am trying to say is them you come to stop at a junction and take your foot off the brake will it stay still i had an mg ev trophy suv and that did it i can seem to find it on this mg4 trophy ev

does the mg4 trophy ev have stop and go what i am trying to say is them you come to stop at a junction and take your foot off the brake will it stay still i had an mg ev trophy suv and that did it i can seem to find it on this mg4 trophy ev
It is called Auto Hold and Rolfe has described how to use it. It is a setting in the Car, so you may need to enable it via the Infotainment screen - this needs to be done with the car in READY state for the setting change to work. It is on one of the car menus (towards the right hand side but I don't remember which one).

On a related note I have a faraday pouch which works well (although I might need that official MG one now!) and out of habit I popped it back into the pouch when I tidied my key into the middle section.

Then the car moaned at me for not detecting a key.

My point being, it seems that even if crooks could relay dupe your signal to unlock get in and start the they wouldn’t get to fair before the car asked where the key was.

They would need a continuous repeating signal I guess or the actual key.

So stick keys in a pouch in a secure location at night and should be safe as anything!

On a related note I have a faraday pouch which works well (although I might need that official MG one now!) and out of habit I popped it back into the pouch when I tidied my key into the middle section.

Then the car moaned at me for not detecting a key.

My point being, it seems that even if crooks could relay dupe your signal to unlock get in and start the they wouldn’t get to fair before the car asked where the key was.

They would need a continuous repeating signal I guess or the actual key.

So stick keys in a pouch in a secure location at night and should be safe as anything!
The thieves only need to get into the car. Then they connect an OBD2 port dongle and tell the car to start - at least that's how it works with ICE cars, don't know about EVs. So the hard bit for them is the initial access, they don't need a key to drive away.

Never understood this obsession with overly protecting a piece of tin that’s insured.
It seems very naive to me to think that if they can’t detect your keys remotely they’re just going to move on.
Nope, they’re coming into your house instead…
So if they really want my car, I’ll take the ‘path of least resistance’.

They might well move on, hoping to find someone whose keys aren't protected.

Well you can hope for that, sure, and that’s the hope the pouch makers aim for.
There won’t be any stats to back it up, it’s unprovable.
But there are plenty of stats showing they are more than willing to break into houses to get keys.
Whether that’s instead of trying the cloning thing, or as a result of pouches frustrating the cloning thing, who knows.

There are also plenty of stats showing that burglars go for houses without burglar alarms in preference to houses that do have them. People even put fake alarm boxes on the outside of their houses to make it look as if they have an alarm when they don't. Police say to take all precautions you can, because most burglars are opportunists and will go for what they think are the easier pickings.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back