Door dings from careless door opener people?

The best offering to avoid this type of behaviour, is to buy a cactus !.
It has rubber floor mats glued to the the door panels in order to avoid paying out for the PDR guy !.
The car is butt ugly but never mind 🤣.

View attachment 19159
Next best is dashcams, especially as they will go on for far longer in sentry mode than an ICE car.

My E-class Mercedes will tend to switch off sentry mode after about 7 hours to save the 12V battery from low charge, but my MG 4 maintains the 12V battery, (to a limited extent), and can go for days.
That would concern me TBH.
A parasitic drain over that length of time could be a flat 12 volt battery, just waiting to happen.

Just simply put a symmetrical dent on the other door and tell people it's the design ;-)
Funny you should say that, I bought an old Skoda Estelle many years back that had creases at the front end of both wings and when I came to sell it the buyer pointed out the crease in the wing on the side he was stood and I showed him the other side and told him they were all like that, he bought the car.

Curious as to whether the large lower plastic sill on the MG4 prevents you getting door dents / dings from those people in car parks that selfishly open their car door against yours when getting it and out. It is a good advantage and good design if it does, as those door dingers drive me mad! And cost hundreds in trade in value. I’ve caught a couple of people doing it and they get all arsey and defensive saying the parking space isn’t wide enough, as if that is an excuse, even though they are not.
Sadly not! I have had my MG4 for literally 1 week and already both front doors have extensive denting caused by selfish people

Both Multi-storey and super market car parks keep the PDR people fully employed unfortunately 🙄.
I absolutely hate the places !.
I never patronise multi-story car parks and will park as far away as possible from the front entrance of any supermarket, in order to avoid the “White Van Man” brigade.
They don’t give a monkeys TBH.

Both Multi-storey and super market car parks keep the PDR people fully employed unfortunately 🙄.
I absolutely hate the places !.
I never patronise multi-story car parks and will park as far away as possible from the front entrance of any supermarket, in order to avoid the “White Van Man” brigade.
They don’t give a monkeys TBH.
My mother would always park on the rooftop car park at the local shopping centre because it was a tight turn at the bottom and top of the entrance ramp and she said the older less careful drivers wouldn't use it. She was in her 80s.

Yep I always look for a wide corner spot well away (or even up a few floors in a MS car park).

I do my research first (even use Google Maps aerial shots) when sussing out a new car park for where the best (remote end) parking spaces are !!

Last edited:
I am an SRP.

'Super Reluctant Parker'

As far away from anyone else if at all possible.
I simply refuse to park between two cars.
Not happening.
If I do end up in a suspect space, my wife gets out and I 'guard' the car.
Happens with the weekly shop every week.
It's amazing how many people refuse to park next to a car with someone in it.

You can see them look, see you, then park elsewhere.

Perhaps I'm not friendly looking enough for them!!!🤣

(They would be right.)

Another tactic to avoid dints and dents from ignorant twonks.

There's still one even then that has to park next to you !!

Asolute tossers 😡😡

Always One.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums