Door mirrors and windows issue..help!

This has now happened to me. Started with mirrors folding in when locking but would not fold back out when unlocking . Had to use the internal switch to get them to go back out . This morning got in the car and none of the switches on the drivers side for windows , mirror set , mirror fold etc work at all . Only had the car for 6 weeks and it’s going back to dealer tomorrow. Any advice gratefully received,

I have just experienced the same issue today. Wing mirrors wont open. None of the buttons on drivers door panel work either. So cant open windows. It is pretty hot today. Is that what causes the problem? But what is the solution? Only had the car 3 months. Waiting for a call back from dealer to discuss.
Mine is sorted now. It was definitely happening when it got hot. The dealership knew about this issue. They ran a diagnostic which got the error code they were expecting confirming that there was a fault with the panel. They managed to source another one and swapped it over and the problem is solved now.

Same as my car - dealer has told me there is a backlog on switches into the UK due to the coronavirus situation in China.

Had mine in once already for this problem got the car April had it 4 weeks then this happened,..Guess what,it has happened again,called dealer they cannot fit me in till 8th August,..thats quick according to them....

Had mine in once already for this problem got the car April had it 4 weeks then this happened,..Guess what,it has happened again,called dealer they cannot fit me in till 8th August,..thats quick according to them....
Interestingly I have found if you open the boot first then unlock the car they will open.

Thanks
So the trick it’s to open the tailgate before unlocking the car, to the side mirror can function normally? I mean, they suppouse to work every time you unlock the car but for some reason the open randomly.
It's no trick, it's a fault, they should open automatically when you open the car!

I've been waiting for a replacement control module for 6 weeks now... still nothing from China! What annoys me is that it seems to be a well known issue, yet MG made me take the car back twice before telling me they were going to order the part.

As this has happened on some cars I have the window open a bit in the drive way which keeps the inside cooler, but yesterday I did not then went out to open them, the sun had been on the switches and they where red hot I would cover these with a cloth if parked up in a car park with no shade to keep direct sun off them. I think I am going to get the tinted and I have a cover for the front window.

Constantly having to drag the mirrors out at the moment with the UK heatwave..heard nothing from the dealers..very frustrating.

Probably going to put the kiss of death on mine now, but, had the car a month and was worried this may happen to mine (especially in the current heat) but pleased to report all is well. I wonder if newer builds have had a better module fitted?

Don't want to tempt fate but so far no problems, car sits with drivers door facing the sun most of the day. I have had the rear windows tinted and wedged a cardboard cut out of the driver door window on the inner face of the door.
The car (Pearl White) door paint is too hot to touch but windows and mirrors operate as they should. Car is 22 plate, I tried to find out a build date without success.
It will probably fail now..............

Same issue with mine. It is caused when the inside of the car gets really hot. I did take mine back to the dealers on the first occurance which they duly sorted and they have it on 'watch'. But it still happens, only now it all works again once the internal car temperature cools down. I am told it is a bit of a common problem so maybe they may do a fix for it in due course.

Same issue nothing working, mirrors stuck open, can't open windows but all the independent window switches work. Contacted dealership car in for inspection today but may require new control panel.

I have just experienced the same issue today. Wing mirrors wont open. None of the buttons on drivers door panel work either. So cant open windows. It is pretty hot today. Is that what causes the problem? But what is the solution? Only had the car 3 months. Waiting for a call back from dealer to discuss.
We've had intermittent problems with both wing mirrors on our ZS EV. No particular reason, hot, cold, day, night, in shed, outside shed it just does it whenever. Windows have been fine though.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom