Door mirrors and windows issue..help!

We've had intermittent problems with both wing mirrors on our ZS EV. No particular reason, hot, cold, day, night, in shed, outside shed it just does it whenever. Windows have been fine though.
Apparently there is a problem with either the wiring or the components in the panel. The servicing manager said it was a known issue but they have to check the wiring and panel before they order a replacement part. It part of the process and I may have to wait a while for a new panel or they will get a replacement panel within a few days. Catch 22, I'm waiting for a call from the dealership.

Here in Aus and our MG HS Essence X 2022 model has the same driver door control panel issue,
dealer wont order new panel before seeing vehicle even though it has had this issue close to day one and they had attempted previous fix!

I took mine to the dealer a long time ago and not heard anything back..been months 🤦🏾‍♂️
I've heard from my dealership and the ETA for the control panel keeps changing, currently it's 23 December but they say it won't be fixed until mid January. But here's the but the ETA is subject to change because of Christmas so I don't see them fitting the panel until possibly February. In not happy and as I'm under a contract I've told them I will terminate the contract under the Consumer Credit Act 1975. Let's see what the ETA is next week.

Just had the driver side control panel replaced approx. a week ago.
All now works correctly even in high heat (Perth Australia)
Also for the very first time boot release button on car remotes work.
Why wasn't this a recall, and why so little inventory of a known faulty control panel?

This is a known issue to MG and most dealers have been sent a shelf full of replacement control modules for the HS. If your car is under warranty then contact the dealer. Dont take FOB-OFF responses and get theem to sort it. Your side mirrors being unusable is an MOT failure, so if they are telling you its a long wait demand a replacement car from the dealer in the interim. My dealership sorted my car by fitting the replacement module within 20 mins and were more than honest about the problem. My wife and I were treated to coffee & biscuits. This all from a drop in to the dealer when the panel started playing up in hot weather! So the old adage is be a pain in the arse, dont take no for an answer and even the most poor of dealerships will get it sorted in short order just to get you out of their hair. Anyway good luck !

Hi all only had my HS a few weeks and got in today to notice the panel on drivers side has stopped working so can't unlock my mirrors and open the windows...any help much appreciated as safety issue driving without them mirrors 😪
Hi Verma
I had same problem on my 2022 MG HS EXCLUSIVE. This was due to a failure of a control board. MG are aware of this issue, but as it occurs randomly, they haven't done a product recall. It is a simple fix apparently but you will need to contact your local MG dealer. Frustrating I know but should be OK once replaced... Good luck

Hi all only had my HS a few weeks and got in today to notice the panel on drivers side has stopped working so can't unlock my mirrors and open the windows...any help much appreciated as safety issue driving without them mirrors 😪
Me too have to wait until March to get them to look at it very upset

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom