Driving ZSEV LR in Europe. A bad idea? Advice please!

Haven't managed to go skiing since Covid broke whilst I was in the Italian Alps and since had domestic issues but I certainly started the planning process to go in my then ZS Mk1. Since then I've bought an MG4 standard range with more range and faster charging so even fewer worries. (It would have been rude not to as they offered me more for the ZS than I paid 2 years previously!).

What I have observed is that even in the last year the number of autoroute hubs has increased to the extent that most service areas now have them - it's not just Ionity either. As has been observed Tesla has opened up and they have some large hubs e.g. 24? at Beaune (currently 21 available..).

Now trying to persuade my skiing companion to go in my MG4 and not her van. The latter certainly has advantages on the wine carrying front, but now we're limited to only 24 bottles each perhaps that isn't such an important consideration.;-)

We normally do Le Havre - Mt Blanc tunnel and through to Italy in a day going and do an overnighter on the way back via Caen to allow for a more relaxed run in potentially dodgy weather. I suspect an overnight stop on the way there might also be a good idea, but as we share driving and sleep when not we could potentially still do it in a day.

Dear All,

Just thinking about using my ZSEV LR to drive to the ski slopes next February. A Better Route Planner says it should be doable - and all the big tesla hubs are available for everyone to use.

Does anyone have any experience of driving long distance in Europe/Alps in their MG? Is this a crazy thing to do with family?

Thanks for your advice everyone!

M
Drove mine to Stuttgart last year no problem but that was in the summer

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom