Emergency stop by car

Oke and can you put the helpsystem off? Or on a lower level? Can you save this settings?

Hello all,

This is really a deal breaker for me whether or not to buy an MG ZS EV GEN2. I'm really not going to drive a car that just suddenly stops, suddenly a bang against the car and my son has problems.

I have read all the posts above carefully but my english is not that good. That's why I don't always understand. Hence these questions for clarification.

Would you please answer these, I'd love to hear multiple opinions.

• Does this sudden stop problem also occur with the GEN2 Luxury LR?
  • Can this problem be solved by disabling the helpsystem in menu?
  • If I turn off this helpsystem in the settings, will the system save this change? Or should I go all the way to the menu next time and turn this setting off? Everytime again?

If this error is from a helper system and is easy to turn off and I can save this change I will buy an MG ZS EV. Other really never never.
You can turn it to Alert only or set it to low but it needs to be done each journey. It has not been at all dangerous for us yet but it’s just unnerving.

Edit : not off but to Alert only

Last edited:
You can turn it off or set it to low but it needs to be done each journey. It has not been at all dangerous for us yet but it’s just unnerving.

Thanks you!

Thats a pitty! But a deal breaker!

No way that i am gonna change the settings everytime i start the car. I am very disappointed in this sad sad news.

My search for a new ev car will start again :(
Safety is prio nr.1

Thanks you!

Thats a pitty! But a deal breaker!

No way that i am gonna change the settings everytime i start the car. I am very disappointed in this sad sad news.

My search for a new ev car will start again :(
Safety is prio nr.1
Apparently not !

You say safety is priority no.1 after asking how to turn off safety features ?🤷‍♂️

I get it! :)

rather no automatic braking system than an automatic braking system that brakes suddenly and that you cannot stop.

The new techniques are great, but they have to work!! it is better for people to brake themselves

How dangerous is this problem?

rather no automatic braking system than an automatic braking system that brakes suddenly and that you cannot stop.

The new techniques are great, but they have to work!! it is better for people to brake themselves

Just drive less aggressively and it won't need to brake for you. ;)
I think you'll find just about all new cars are the same now.

Mine randomly does this when I am pulling around a parked car. It's really annoying!! If I could save changes of settings, I'd turn down the sensitivity.... but I already struggle to remember to turn off the lane assist that's trying to kill me!

I actually really like the system. In 1 year of driving the ZS it has only happened once when it just beat me to the brakes because a car in front stopped suddenly whilst turning left. it has given me countless warnings (which I very much appreciate) but I had always spotted the danger and had applied brakes anyway.
I feel reactions are similar to the introduction of mandatory wearing of seatbelts....... still really pi**es the vocal tiny minority, but has saved huge numbers of lives.

Last edited:
Mine randomly does this when I am pulling around a parked car. It's really annoying!! If I could save changes of settings, I'd turn down the sensitivity.... but I already struggle to remember to turn off the lane assist that's trying to kill me!
My MG5 pre face lift does the same but, then again, so did my last 2 Ioniqs :whistle:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom