Energy Usage Display

stevemc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Apologies if this has been asked before. On the energy usage screen there is a circle on the right that seems never to change, I have a figure for driving consumption but just dashes for air-con/heating usage. Is this just a bug or am I missing something?

When I got home tonight mine showed driving usage and AC/Other, plus Regen recovery.

AC/Other = 1 kWh
Driving = 4 kWh
Regen = 1 kWh

So the Regen (allegedly) offset the AC/Other usage.

Yes - Driving was shown in blue (80% of the circle) and AC/Other segment was shown in red (20% of the circle).

Regen info was shown below the circle.

I think this is an issue with the R30 infotainment software version of LR cars. It is the same on our Trophy.

After my commute this morning my figures were:

AC/Other = 1 kWh
Driving = 3 kWh
Regen = 1 kWh

(Morning commute is 3 miles shorter than evening commute due to different routes used).

I'm on R30 and I'm sure I've seen the pie chart thingy working. The graph on the same page showing consumption Vs time has never worked.
Yep pie chart works ok on my Trophy r30 infotainment
PXL_20221209_193709216~2.jpg

Maybe the graph data is hiding behind the pie chart, and that's why it doesn't work on the trophy 😉.
Has anyone with a Trophy heard whether there’s a fix coming for this?
Only when I was at my dealer last week, they’d never heard of this issue

Has anyone with a Trophy heard whether there’s a fix coming for this?
Only when I was at my dealer last week, they’d never heard of this issue
Since posting the above I have been in to the ge dealer and they told me MG were aware have raised with MG UK and it's something being worked on.

Would be interested to understand what your dealer means by they haven't heard of it previously. Did the dealership bother to raise raised this with MG UK or just say they haven't seen it at that specific dealership. If it's been raised to MG UK what was their response reported back as they should know about it.

EDIT would also be interesting to understand if you is working in the latest infotainment system v33

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel