• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

EO Mini Smart Home Installed

Portgordon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just had my charger installed. So far very happy with it, like the look of it and the size.

Will need to use some battery so that I can test the scheduled charging :ROFLMAO:

After the grant refund it will have cost £300 which is fantastic compared to some other quotes I received. This one was organised via OctopusEv and fitted by Bumblebeeev.

E6982BA7-EDB9-471F-A033-5DDD14BDFECA.jpeg

9E5A1B0C-B5E9-4089-8C65-C44D9FC04D19.jpeg

E17B2F94-CCF7-4783-85C9-9F27956B5B14.jpeg

(y)

Having said that I’m happy with it, I’ve had to call the installer to come back as its not charging properly. Goes through the normal cycle of Connected but not charging, then says Charging, but the progress bar which normally moves left to right just pulses instead of moving, then it goes back to connected but not charging and the cycle continues. When viewing the card info on the screens it pops up with a yellow warning of HV Battery Shutoff. Hopefully the installer can rectify it but I’ve a feeling the first port of call might be blaming the car.

Installer came back to have a look but couldn’t see anything causing the issue (which can be 100% Reproduced). He’s taken some pics and will be speaking with EO.

At the dinner table I had a sudden epiphany about something I was already prepared for but forgot in the moment. I had pointed out up front and even when the installer arrived that I was using Powerline adapters to get wifi into the garage and I had read that these can cause issues with some chargers, but both EO and the installer didnt know of any issues (fair enough).
I turned off both ends of the Powerline adapters and retested.....working perfectly!

so.... PowerLine Adapaters definitely interfere with the EO Mini Smart Home. I’ll feed that back and look at and alternative way of extending to the garage.

Wow, I didn’t understand any of that. But pleased you got it sorted. I am thinking about installing a charger on the side of our garage but your last post just did my head in. ??

Wow, I didn’t understand any of that. But pleased you got it sorted. I am thinking about installing a charger on the side of our garage but your last post just did my head in. ??

:LOL: Apologies!

PowerLine adapters are just little boxes you can plug into your power sockets. You plug one in near your wifi router (where you have a good signal), and then another one where you need a network signal. It enables you to take your network connection over your power cables instead of having to run a long network cable.

there’s a better description here if it helps.

or, you can just ignore all of this if you dont use them and don’t care!?

I have non-wifi ones, which just have network cable connectors, which don't interfere.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom