Euro NCAP

Agreed with all the above, though I do remember having cars without ABS! Not sure I'd want to go back to those days, but any other feature that potentially dumbs down driver awareness or switches off any amount of active road sense isn't of any interest to me.

I have never had ABS cut in unless I have deliberately provoked it (on snowy roads) though I am glad it is there in case I do need it. I have never had a car with any of these gizmos, so I wouldn't miss them. Auto lights and wipers, self dipping mirrors, self dipping lights, all those things are just more to go wrong in my book.

My Golf emergency braked a few times for no apparent reason.....not good so glad to see the back of that feature

I got taught to pulse the brake pedal manually in my driving lessons, way before ABS became mainstream.

I agree will all you have said Alan and have just read the link you posted about SAIC motor company in China very good read I have never said the cars where no good But as for the Friday specials comment the MG5 roof bars is not one of them.
it’s a design fault that is what it is and should never have been fitted if it can’t be used because someone will.
As far as I’m aware the roof bars are functional but have never been tested for load limit so can’t be used, why it did not go through that test I don’t understand, I can only imagine it was an oversight as they released it very quickly.

As far as I’m aware the roof bars are functional but have never been tested for load limit so can’t be used, why it did not go through that test I don’t understand, I can only imagine it was an oversight as they released it very quickly.
They really are very flimsy.

I have never considered it either, especially considering some of the cars I have owned over the years. Still, someone on another Forum said, and I quote, "The current MG5 lacks pretty much any active safety features and hasn’t been NCAP tested."
This made me wonder, after the roof rail fiasco, why.
Maybe it's because untill now, the MG5 Is only sold in UK. And yes, it is surprisingly to see how few cars are tested every year by EuroNCAP.

They are very flimsy.
Then the load limit will be very small, I wonder if they are waiting for the new updated model so are not interested in doing anything about the current model, they do seem to be upgrading their models very fast to keep pace with the competition.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom