EV driver blocking charging bay

Dr Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Unbelievable, an EV driver today parked in a charging bay for over 4 hours and not even plugged in. Makes me want to sell my MG and go back to ICE, what hope do we have with this behaviour.
Screenshot_2021-08-18-19-13-28-906_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg

keep one of these handy!

Reminds me of a senior manager at an ex employer of mine where parking was limited. He thought he was being clever getting a BMW hybrid as his cpy car thereby reducing his tax liability which was fair enough but he also thought he had beaten the parking problem by parking his car in one of four charging bays but as his car didnt come with a cable he couldn't plug in. Another employee followed suit despite being told these were charging bays not parking bays. Once charged move your car. So I parked my car behind his one day and managed to stretch my cable to the charger. He came out wanting to leave and had to wait for 30 mins as I was busy.🤔

Our local ASDA frequently has the EV bays blocked. Most of the signs have been removed!

The other morning 2 Iced 1 EV parked and one EV charging.
I had words with the customer services people who pointed out the one car charging belongs to the store manager!
(It explains why its there all day when there is a 3 hour parking limit for shoppers).

They said the car park is the responsibility of the shopping centre. Shopping Centre website says it's ASDAs car park... At least the manager gets to charge.

keep one of these handy!

hi n0de i used somethink like these years ago as father in law only had one leg so see needed the disabled bays to get him out of the car and had same issues those i got took hours to remove they were like they used super glue to stick them on :ROFLMAO:

What car is it? Is it an EV?
It is an all electric Vauxhall Mokka-E. Unfortunately if the owner had any brains to start with, he left what was left in the showroom. If this person does this again I will use my valve remover to relieve the air from all four tyres, they will then understand what the word inconvenience means.

Oh ok. I didn’t realise they did an all electric mokka. Sometimes it is just ignorance and not arrogance or malice intended - it’s how they’ve been educated. They think they can park there. I know it’s very annoying. There’s a whole raft of annoying issues that some drivers create. Some can’t park in a bay properly, some bang their door on your car as they get out, some drive far too quickly in car parks, some just leave their trolley in the parking bay at the superstore, some drive around on weedy side lights or no lights in dark rainy conditions, some abuse the children and disabled parking bays, the list goes on.

Yes - sorry! I think i meant parent and children bays!

As an aside. The mokka e looks ok! Seems sensibly priced too.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom