EV driver blocking charging bay

If you have the time, block the cars parking in the charger bays.

When the numpties come out, wait 10 minutes before moving.
They'll soon get the message.

Our as they come out start taking photos of their car, when they ask tell them you're reporting them.

Our as they come out start taking photos of their car, when they ask tell them you're reporting them.
^ and when they complain - tell them that in a public place there is no right to privacy and you are free to take their photos. (if they complain)

Confronting people in an angry way leads to them digging their hills.

"Hey if you are done charging, do you mind moving a car so I can charge mine" will get million time better response than any other argument. Alternatively speaking to staff of place that owns chargers is a solution.

In Asda example I suggest public tweet and tagging asda uk in it you tend to get response much faster from higher management on those.

Generally I see zero benefit in shouting match or angry confrontation. Noone ever changed their mind by being shouted at or made ridicule of. "How to win friends and influence people" book 101 :)

"Hey if you are done charging, do you mind moving a car so I can charge mine" will get million time better response than any other argument. Alternatively speaking to staff of place that owns chargers is a solution.

In Asda example I suggest public tweet and tagging asda uk in it you tend to get response much faster from higher management on those.

Generally I see zero benefit in shouting match or angry confrontation. Noone ever changed their mind by being shouted at or made ridicule of. "How to win friends and influence people" book 101 :)
If all else fails, report that you think you've seen smoke coming from the car. ...

hi n0de i used somethink like these years ago as father in law only had one leg so see needed the disabled bays to get him out of the car and had same issues those i got took hours to remove they were like they used super glue to stick them on :ROFLMAO:
Love this but wife just advised it could be criminal damage if it's very sticky. She knows about law stuff and generally spoils all my fun.😠🤦‍♂️ Just slap them on quickly and use gloves, no finger prints, balaclava or hoodie for cameras 😁🦸‍♀️

Asda response =

It is an all electric Vauxhall Mokka-E. Unfortunately if the owner had any brains to start with, he left what was left in the showroom. If this person does this again I will use my valve remover to relieve the air from all four tyres, they will then understand what the word inconvenience means.
Do not under any circumstances let the air out of tyres although it would be satisfying. This is criminal damage and if you are observed/caught would you really want a criminal record just because someone else is parking like and idiot?

Do not under any circumstances let the air out of tyres although it would be satisfying. This is criminal damage and if you are observed/caught would you really want a criminal record just because someone else is parking like and idiot?
Maybe some strategically placed sharp objects then ? ;)
(joke)

Can't damage exhaust pipe if there is no exhaust in a first place. Check mate Police.
I fully understand no exhaust on an electric vehicle but as I have witnessed on many occasions ice cars also selfishly park in charging bays when others are not available. So the advice given regarding the potato would under those circumstances be criminal damage. So sorry for trying to give advice that may prevent someone being prosecuted in future I will keep my thoughts to myself.

I had a situation where out of 4 bays 2 were ICE'd on was charging and one an Ioniq Hybrid just a hybrid, not a plug-in Hybrid. I packed across 3 of the 4 bays and waited. 5 minutes later an old guy and his wife came out of Sainsburys and unlocked their Ioniq Hybrid. I explained that I was waiting to get a charge but 3 of the 4 CHARGING bays was blocked with cars that couldn't charge. He said he thought the bays were for electric cars and his car was electric. I politely explained that they were in effect charging bays and while he could go to the filling station forecourt and top up I needed to park in the charging bay. To his credit, he thanked me for explaining that they weren't just for parking electric cars and to be fair to him, the signage which said "Electric Vehicles Only" wasn't really the right message. These bays should be marked as "EV Charging Only" and it is etiquette not to use them as convenient parking near the door of the supermarket, but to only park while charging. As it happens of these 4 PodPoint charging points 3 of the 4 are often out of service.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom