EV plonker hogging ICE stations

tonybridge

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Us EV drivers complain a lot (rightly) about ICEs parking on an EV charger bay - today I saw the other side of the coin when an EV driver nonchalantly parked his car (an MG5) at a petrol pump before going to grab a coffee at Greggs. Plenty of off-pump parking bays available. What an idiot! I tried to take a photo, but that didn’t happen…

if you were this guy at Shoppenhangers in Maidenhead today, please don‘t be a d*ck in future 🙄

I did this last Summer, but only to get some petrol for the lawn mower. 😉
I had the same, when getting petrol for the lawnmower, some ..... gesturing to get out of the way as I had an EV, so moved the car for him, but he couldnt fill up until I'd paid at the till.

I did this last Summer, but only to get some petrol for the lawn mower. 😉
Yep, me too but it was quiet so didn't block anyone. Not that it was any different to earlier in the year where I just filled a couple of cans without adding any to the car - I use E5 for the mower and an old Toyota that only gets used off road.

I use E5 for the mower and an old Toyota that only gets used off road.

I made the school boy error on this, couldnt understand why my chainsaw, mower wouldn't run easily in recent times!!- E5 is usually the main way to resolve running issues on old garden machinary!

I should go and get some petrol for my snow-clearing machine. What's the minimum amount you can buy? Because I think a litre is probably overkill for that wee engine that's not going to be used more than half an hour at a time.

My container takes five litres. I don't want to fill it though. I didn't think pumps had to be turned on by real people who wouldn't do it if they didn't approve of you!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back