Even more impressed after test drive

What makes you think this? There is a dedicated voice control that works via the steering wheel button and responds to ā€œHello MGā€ if enabled in the settings.
Agree used it today for radio stations and Friday for HVAC

WHen I said ā€œHey MG ā€¦Call ****ā€ it did, thought my Iphone was called Siri! šŸ˜‚

I hope you are right. I asked this specific question and the dealer said a smartphone was needed
He is correct, however, I am afraid I can only speak for the Trophy, as that is the car I have. I am honestly not certain re: the SE

I hope you are right. I asked this specific question and the dealer said a smartphone was needed
I found this in the manual.
FBAED1F7-FF97-43B3-B343-22F65DB54C4E.png

You definitely do not need to have a phone paired to use it on the Trophy I also canā€™t confirm or not on SE unfortunately

Hi, Iā€™m from the Perth area and have been in touch through an online enquiry form to see if they have an MG4 to look at and to test drive. Still awaiting a reply so great to hear that they have.

Hope you donā€™t mind me hitting you with a couple of questionsā€¦

What was the dealer like and were they knowledgable about the car?

How did the test drive go? Was it accompanied or did you get to take it out on your own and I take it it was it more than up the A9 to Luncarty and back?!

Did they tell you how long you will have to wait for the car to come in?

Cheers in advance! šŸ‘šŸ»
+1 for Perth MG. Great service. Anything they don't know they'll find out for you. Picked up my grey Trophy on Saturday. Very happy with it. I didn't test drive it but on the ZS test months ago I was unaccompanied and took it Luncarty to Stanley and back down A9.

No MG 4 in dealerships yet in Ireland, to those who have test drove the 4 , how spacious is it, are we talking Ford Focus size ?

+1 for Perth MG. Great service. Anything they don't know they'll find out for you. Picked up my grey Trophy on Saturday. Very happy with it. I didn't test drive it but on the ZS test months ago I was unaccompanied and took it Luncarty to Stanley and back down A9.
Well I went in yesterday for a look and the dealerā€™s product genius guy was brand new, took me out for test drive despite me not booking ahead.

Really impressed with the car and a very good first experience of an electric car. The responsiveness is so impressive and the regen braking is strangely satisfying!

Anyway Iā€™m going to be going ahead. They said 8-12 weeks but could get worse over time. Just need to decide between the blue or the white now.

Well I went in yesterday for a look and the dealerā€™s product genius guy was brand new, took me out for test drive despite me not booking ahead.

Really impressed with the car and a very good first experience of an electric car. The responsiveness is so impressive and the regen braking is strangely satisfying!

Anyway Iā€™m going to be going ahead. They said 8-12 weeks but could get worse over time. Just need to decide between the blue or the white now.
Go for the white, I did, looks fabulous

We sat in one yesterday and have a test drive booked for next Wednesday. We are 90% sure we will be placing an order.

We currently drive a 24kWh LEAF as our only car which we have had since nearly new 8 years ago.

At 6ft 5in I found it to be slightly better up front than the leaf and similar behind me but with more headroom. This is partly due to the lack of grab handles as these often are positioned perfectly to jab me in the head if the driver brakes or corners too hard.

What really impressed me was the space in the passenger seat. If I moved the passenger seat as far forward as I was comfortable the space behind me was huge. This is due to the shape of the glovebox area. The Skoda Enyaq was much worse in this regard which is crazy considering the price and size difference.

The boot was slightly bigger than expected.

The rear is dark but that's fine.

Negatives are the ridiculous trim on the sill and the quality of the materials of the interior. It's not the "scratchy" plastics but the durability/finish of the seat material. The SE we sat in already had creases in the fabric.

On the test drive we will be looking at the accelerator pedal delay that we experienced in the ZS and what the visibility is like but it would have to be bad to put us off.

Orange is currently our favourite colour.
Would you be px the Leaf24 or selling online??

Go for the white, I did, looks fabulous
Ooh I was just leaning towards the blue as well! The one in the showroom was white and it does look smart. I actually like the blue and white best despite being the cheaper option!

Iā€™m going in at the weekend to finalise so will decide by then!

So we had the test drive yesterday and were impressed enough to place an order for a Tango Orange due in November. The test car was a red SE LR.

Everybody else has already mentioned a lot so I wont go over everything but I can confirm that the responsiveness of the accelerator is great and much better than the ZS EV. The auto hold also doesn't use the handbrake so is almost instant to release so we will be using that.

RWD in the wet was fun, your not going to be drifting or anything but you can get the rear end to wriggle around a bit :)

Compared to the leaf the acceleration is more gentle initially but really seems to be getting going around 40mph whereas the leaf is running out of puff by then.

Regen in level 3 was adequate but I really wish it had a one pedal driving mode.

It's the first car I've driven with traffic jam assist and it's safe to say I will not be using it. It races up to the car in front and brakes way too late for my liking, it's also too slow to get going again when traffic moves off. At one point it tried to plough us into the back of a van and I had to take over. Maybe it can be configured differently, I didn't really have time to play around with it.

One thing that is of concern is the plastics used in the interior. The car had only done 250 miles but was already covered in scratches and marks. I dread to think what ours will end up like with a dog and 3 year old.

Would you be px the Leaf24 or selling online??
That depends. When we get the call to say the car has arrived we are going to try motorway and WBAC etc to see if we can beat the px value. We live so close to work that we can manage for a few days without a car if necessary.

If anybody want's to make us an offer I'd be happy to receive a pm.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back