Failed charge controler during BMS update. (Retitled)

I'll avoid this latest update for the time being until its tried and tested more .hope its not another update thats NEARLY perfect

I'll avoid this latest update for the time being until its tried and tested more .hope its not another update thats NEARLY perfect
Yes. It usually doesn’t benefit to be an early adopter of software in particular - unless you have a very understanding and patient nature!

I’ve just done my first charge with the granny cable. Looked at the display in the car straight after and was getting 454 miles. It was actually flickering between 455 & 454 but the phone only captured 454. I’m assuming that I should sit pretty for the time being as the service isn’t until Nov. Car was registered in Nov 20 so hopefully we escaped any dodgy software? 🤞

Attachments

• CF6AF646-0CA6-43F0-8843-9E56269D7503.jpeg
    CF6AF646-0CA6-43F0-8843-9E56269D7503.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 133
I’ve just done my first charge with the granny cable. Looked at the display in the car straight after and was getting 454 miles. It was actually flickering between 455 & 454 but the phone only captured 454. I’m assuming that I should sit pretty for the time being as the service isn’t until Nov. Car was registered in Nov 20 so hopefully we escaped any dodgy software? 🤞
Got mine on 17/10/20 so like you missed the update .mine showed 456 last time i charged it including equalisation so i'm sticking put for a bit

Neither would I but the consensus appears to be that over the air updates are a good thing when they could be disastrous.
in what way disastrous? I think the exact opposite. They are wonderful and the future for all cars.

in what way disastrous? I think the exact opposite. They are wonderful and the future for all cars.
Just like most modern stuff, TVs, iPads, phones etc ....... Just as long as Microsoft aren’t involved. I really do get sick of not being able to use my PC from time to time when it’s doing a Windows update 🤪

Just like most modern stuff, TVs, iPads, phones etc ....... Just as long as Microsoft aren’t involved. I really do get sick of not being able to use my PC from time to time when it’s doing a Windows update 🤪
Yes - bur at least you don’t need a trip to Microsoft HQ every time you need an update! 🙂

My boss had his BMW 3 series update over the air network and then his car wouldn’t start it had to be recovered by BMW because the signal was interrupted it crashed his software, they had it for three days before they could rectify the issue.

My boss had his BMW 3 series update over the air network and then his car wouldn’t start it had to be recovered by BMW because the signal was interrupted it crashed his software, they had it for three days before they could rectify the issue.
Would you have OTA updates for the MG if available - or still prefer to go to the dealership?

I'd take the dealership every time. And to be able to choose whether I wanted the update. Maybe that's possible with Tesla?
Well I guess OTA updates are not everyones preferred choice. tesla has OTA updates for its cars yes.

Todays Update - car reported full charged and ZERO equalisation charge. 🧐 Voltage 449v. No lights, no hvac system.
Either December '19 BMS isn't equalisating the battery correctly (I doubt), or the charge controller & the five hour equalisation completely mess things up on one charge.

Mystery continues.
Why have you change the thread title, someone been speaking with you?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom