morrisimo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi guys I have an MG4 and when driving for a couple of hours and alarm goes off with an image of a coffee cup and says something like take a break with incessant beeping. This can’t be switched off and I can’t remove it from the settings can someone help please.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing you can do if you don't want it to go off is to stop, get out and get back in again before the two hours are up.

I'm pretty sure I have driven more than two hours and never experienced that. The first leg of my journey to Sussex was about 138 miles, there's no way it was less than two hours.

I believe there is a software update to remove this? I think it was an early complaint, but I can't remember the details.
Was that not for Trophy owners who had the sensor on the steering binnacle? (That doesn't apply to SE owners - we only have a more rudimentary driver alert system).

I've never seen this warning yet in the couple of months owning a mk2 trophy? Longest journey had me stuck in traffic for 3 hrs in 1 go, so guess its been changed or removed for mine?

Hi guys I have an MG4 and when driving for a couple of hours and alarm goes off with an image of a coffee cup and says something like take a break with incessant beeping. This can’t be switched off and I can’t remove it from the settings can someone help please.

Mike
My car does this sometimes on longer journeys. Just switch off the driver fatigue alert in the settings. This can be done whilst driving. I have the Drive Mode Screen set as my left-hand shortcut button so it takes 5 seconds to switch it off. I find there is no obvious logic as to why it triggers sometimes but not others. I do the same 360-mile round trip journey up to 3 times a week and I'd estimate this happens once every tenth journey.

This is what V1.4 of the owner manual says...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 15.17.27.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 15.17.27.png
    956.1 KB · Views: 81

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.5%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member