Faulty charging socket locking mechanism

naruto128

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just collected my MG4 51 yesterday and I find that the locking mechanism for the charging socket is acting up. It is not able to fully engage when the charging plug is inserted and hence refuses to charge until it is locked. I have to remove and reinsert the plug several time to get it to lock. Is anyone having a similar issue?

Just collected my MG4 51 yesterday and I find that the locking mechanism for the charging socket is acting up. It is not able to fully engage when the charging plug is inserted and hence refuses to charge until it is locked. I have to remove and reinsert the plug several time to get it to lock. Is anyone having a similar issue?
Can you try with a different charging plug just to check it's the socket and not the plug?

Have you tried going into the infotainment screen and pressing lock there ? Thats what I had to with my 7kW Home Charger for it to start charging even though the wall box said it was charging (green light on).

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this on the granny charger plug or a home wall charger ?

My MG Granny charger seemed to lock and charge straight away. The 7kW cable from Amazon seemed to need me to press lock on the screen to start charging. It mIght have been a one off as I did'nt want to mess around too much once it had started charging at 7kW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel