First Jan 2019 error - writing to MG to complain

I do feel for you, we've had this issue since the car was a few weeks old but MG France and the dealer have no interest in fixing any of it, hence we just muted the announcement and reset the service indicator from the infotainmnet centre every few weeks.
Hi John

How did you mute the announcement did you use the mute button or do I need go into the settings?
Vic

Hi John

How did you mute the announcement did you use the mute button or do I need go into the settings?
Vic
Hummm ..... good question! It's been a while, when the boss gets back from the shopping I'll take a look and let you know - I seem to remember there is a very protracted way to do this!

Hi John

Vic
1) Open the weather app, click the cog in the top right, turn off voice announceents
2) Back to home, click the settings icon
3) Scroll down to the Voice tab, turn off the "Greeting switch"

Hopefully that should shut her up for you once and for all :)

1) Open the weather app, click the cog in the top right, turn off voice announceents

Thank you for this info I’ve just applied this to my TCLR. All quiet so far.

But it will not sort the ⚠️ problem that keeps coming up after resetting it, right?

But it will not sort the ⚠️ problem that keeps coming up after resetting it, right?
Nope. Nothing will fix that other then you just resetting it each time it comes on. The latest SW update made no difference. It's not really a big deal though, just an inconvenience whereas the car chatting to us with the wrong date etc. was a proper PITA.

My view is that false warnings on the dashboard make the warning indicator useless, which I believe popped up when I had a flat tyre overnight, so they really should sort it out. I am taking the car in for a software update next week, but not holding my breath. The next step is MG replacing a hardware unit, is what they told me at the dealership.

2 months in and I’m still getting the wrong date and yellow warning triangle routinely. However, very strangely, I have randomly had one or two announcements with the correct date. Weird!!!
Anyone had any success yet?

Mine has started to come on when I start up in the morning and then sometimes as I am approaching home with either the correct information or bloody 1st Jan 2019 😤

Add my name please. I took the car to Turkey and asked the dealer at Turkey to reset this service warning light and did nothing. Really they do not care

My wife is the driver of MG ZS. I gave up ordering a marvel because of this costumer service! Fully zero service

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom