:) First Member to post their delivery/pick-up of the MG4 :)

Which colour MG4 have you ordered?

• White

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Black

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • Red

Votes: 24 15.6%

• Total voters
Orange is coming up on the rails!

I'm forgoing the chance to be one of the 1000 as my colour choice (ahem, SWMBO's colour choice) of boy racer orange (perhaps fizzy orange sounds better) has been bagged by the dealership for display.
I have first dibs on the next orange Trophy to be delivered though, so fingers crossed for October/November.

Orange was my first choice but I’m impatient and settled for black.

I was going to go for one of the basic colours (for cost), but the dealer only had an orange one available from the first batch so I'm being 'tangoed'
Sadly, I cannot collect until 10th October because I've booked a holiday (almost 2 years ago) and don'f get back until after the 8th.
I can always buy a 't' shirt if I really want one.

'My' car arrives next week, as the dealers don't get their training until the end of next week, I'm hoping to see the car/drive the demo next weekend 🙂

I haven't ordered one yet as waiting to be able to sit in a car and see how it feels for ME as I am 70 and need a car easy to get IN and OUT of so that can only be done when they arrive next week-ish.

Booked in with my local Wolves dealer for a look and test drive, my choice would be Volcano as it is close to my beloved Wolves team colours so I think it looks fantastic. Trouble is I don't think there will be any available as dealers seem to be using that for their showroom models.

Second choice would be the red as it looks stunning IMV. I would not go for black/white for reasons stated by others and that blue is marmite to most.

What worries me most being new to the MG forum is reading how unreliable deliveries are with cars and that as I need a car this side of xmas I fear one won't be available to me and any order placed in the next week or so would have to be factory ordered and then delivery could be who knows when.

I know it has been like this for most makes in the last 1-2 years because of Covid and world supply chain issues. There seems no end to this for now and wonder when and if we will ever get back to a point we had before where we can walk into a dealers and the salesman says yes sir and what colour would you like, we have most colours available from STOCK.😁

I can but dream🙏

I was originally thinking a blue SE SR, then the Grey took my fancy. SWMBO thinks the Blue isn't to her taste, the Grey might make you less visible to other drivers, and prefers the Red. If/when I get one I'm guessing it'll be Red. 🤣

Re the questions relating to the arrival of actual cars, this is part of the last message I received from my dealer on the 2nd September, things may have changed since then of course - "As this is a whole new car on a whole new platform, while the cars are now in the UK, MG are distributing these to the dealers in the 3rd week of September to coincide with a dealer staff training event, which is also when demonstrators will be available."

What worries me most being new to the MG forum is reading how unreliable deliveries are with cars and that as I need a car this side of xmas I fear one won't be available to me and any order placed in the next week or so would have to be factory ordered and then delivery could be who knows when.
If you are lucky you may get one if you put down a refundable £99 and order today. Then if you don't like it after a test drive you can easily get a refund. Waiting until the test drive before ordering is likely to push delivery into 2023.

Had an update from my dealer today, he has been told my car will be delivered in 1-2 weeks, potentially sooner. This should coincide with the estimated date of 29th September from my order form. I put my order in and paid my £500 deposit on 1st September, they had already been allocated 9 vehicles and knew the colours and models of them all.

Just got a reply to email from my dealership, the sales exec who is looking after my sale has now confirmed that it ‘seems’ that MG will be issuing a Type 2 to 2 charging lead. The bonus is, he has a 3 pin granny, which he will let me have free of charge ! Yay yay!

Honestly, my dealership has been proper fecking ace!

If you are around Notts / Lincs, you would do very well in dealing with my current MG dealership

Last edited:
Just got a reply to email from my dealership, the sales exec who is looking after my sale has now confirmed that it ‘seems’ that MG will be issuing a Type 2 to 2 charging lead. The bonus is, he has a 3 pin granny, which he will let me have free of charge ! Yay yay!

Honestly, my dealership has been proper fecking ace!

If you are around Notts / Lincs, you would do very well in dealing with my current MG dealership
If I were you I'd get out and buy a lottery ticket!
🙂

Note to ‘Mods’….should you add a few MG key fobs, or other such guff, to your ‘Merch’ shop, be clear to let me know. With this in mind, would happily get a key fob for 2nd and 3rd in this thread. Not to mention of course, i would have one too, should they be class and not a crappy knock off ebay boll@@x.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back