:) First Member to post their delivery/pick-up of the MG4 :)

Which colour MG4 have you ordered?

• White

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Black

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • Red

Votes: 24 15.6%

• Total voters
If anyone has seen my post elsewhere on here from Wednesday you could probably argue my grey wasn't really ordered but suggested to me on the grounds of availability, and not being too fussed I said yes and I didn't have to put the decision to anybody else..

It seems they have a few too many SEs when many of you wanted that colour in the higher specs, so it looks like a possible gain for me.

When I am actually going to get it is another matter

If anyone has seen my post elsewhere on here from Wednesday you could probably argue my grey wasn't really ordered but suggested to me on the grounds of availability, and not being too fussed I said yes and I didn't have to put the decision to anybody else..

It seems they have a few too many SEs when many of you wanted that colour in the higher specs, so it looks like a possible gain for me.

Fingers crossed real soon Sue 👍

Even though my dealer asked for preferences regarding model and colour fairly early on I don't know if this was passed on to MG UK or if it was whether they paid any attention as this describes my dealer's first allocation, which supports your perception that they have plenty of SEs.

".......we have an allocation of 15 cars for September. Unfortunately, the mix of these 15 cars doesn’t wholly reflect the order take to date as 10 of the 13 cars we have available to fulfil customer orders are Standard Range SE’s........"

I am in the Blue camp.
I ordered an SE last week, however after looking at the figures and the strong residual value of my ZS EV I have changed my mind and gone for a Trophy. The dealer advises me that it will be early January at the moment.

I currently have a 21 plate ZS Excite with 11200 miles on the clock and the best trade in price that I can find, at the moment, is £23000. I know things will change but I am very pleased with this.

Latest update, within the last 30 minutes;

"Thank you for your patience with regards to your MG 4 Pre-order. I’m pleased to report that we are expecting to receive our demonstrator MG later next week alongside our first batch of customer cars which will be available for delivery W/C 26th September. We are attending the official MG Dealer training event next week and will then be hands-on with our own car, providing some video content which we will share.

We will be contacting those who have an order matching our initial allocation over this coming weekend to firm up the deal and confirm whether a car from this first batch is suitable.

For those not in the first batch, which unfortunately given the mix of the first cars we’ve been allocated, is likely a large proportion of people, we do have some good news.

We have learned the expected factory order lead time for the MG 4 is as follows;
MG 4 Standard Range – 8 weeks
MG 4 Long Range – 16 weeks
For those who pre ordered before the MG ordering system opened and their order was placed within seconds of the system opening up, the logic would suggest with 4 weeks having passed since this date, we should be no more than 12 weeks away from seeing the cars arrive into the UK. Assuming a car isn’t available from the 2nd batch of launch stock we’re expecting in November (and as yet, we don’t know what’s on this), it would suggest we should be looking to deliver orders in late December/early January for Long Range and even sooner for Standard Range."

That does tie up with the boat load of MG4s that are on their way to Europe.

Having just left China, you would be looking at the around the 3rd week of October as an arrival at Portbury.

With such high numbers of MG4s, plus catching up with ZS's and MG5s, I wouldn't be surprised if its 4 or 5 weeks from boat arrival to Customer.

On the plus side brochure is now available...😁

Screenshot_20220916-174245.png

"Thank you for your patience with regards to your MG 4 Pre-order. I’m pleased to report that we are expecting to receive our demonstrator MG later next week alongside our first batch of customer cars which will be available for delivery W/C 26th September. We are attending the official MG Dealer training event next week and will then be hands-on with our own car, providing some video content which we will share.

We will be contacting those who have an order matching our initial allocation over this coming weekend to firm up the deal and confirm whether a car from this first batch is suitable.

For those not in the first batch, which unfortunately given the mix of the first cars we’ve been allocated, is likely a large proportion of people, we do have some good news.

We have learned the expected factory order lead time for the MG 4 is as follows;
For those who pre ordered before the MG ordering system opened and their order was placed within seconds of the system opening up, the logic would suggest with 4 weeks having passed since this date, we should be no more than 12 weeks away from seeing the cars arrive into the UK. Assuming a car isn’t available from the 2nd batch of launch stock we’re expecting in November (and as yet, we don’t know what’s on this), it would suggest we should be looking to deliver orders in late December/early January for Long Range and even sooner for Standard Range."
Thanks for this Jim. When I spoke to the dealer today he confirmed the 8 week and 16 week timescale.

Perhaps we could have a mini meet up when we finally get our cars 😀

Hi @JimB.

Would you mind sharing which dealer this is please ?

Another ‘white’ vote added. Heaven knows when I’ll get it though…..SE LR were like rocking horse muck in my dealer’s first allocation.

Issue with a boat load already on its way is once again specs and colours. Until you are able to order the specific MG4 you want delivery could still be a lottery.
As Forest once said....

"Life is like ordering a MG4, you don't know which model or colour you're gonna get"

I have just had a little wee.

Agreed.... but where's the accessories....

However, I'm much happier having the black pearl......aaaarrrrgggghhh me hearties, than pebble black. 😀
Batten down the hatches Bucko, there be a storm a brewing! Aye aye! Be like a clipper in the sail (when smashing the peddle down on the A1 ….other such major roads exist :) ). 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back