:) First Member to post their delivery/pick-up of the MG4 :)

Which colour MG4 have you ordered?

• White

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Black

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Orange

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Grey

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • Red

Votes: 24 15.6%

• Total voters
Unlikely to get any discount, but negotiate for some freebies (servicing, Type 2 and/or granny lead etc.)

My test drive isn't until 1st October, but out of interest has there been any deals to be done, or is it a firm list price? I'm assuming because they are already competitively priced and new cars are difficult to get hold of that there would be no discount, but would be interested to know.
I would expect there to be more flexibility on and part ex valuation than the price of the car but I’ve not got to that point either

My test drive isn't until 1st October, but out of interest has there been any deals to be done, or is it a firm list price? I'm assuming because they are already competitively priced and new cars are difficult to get hold of that there would be no discount, but would be interested to know.
No, I tried my best but No budging, they did imply there might be a price increase on future batches,
Must say though, the privacy glass on the SE in white goes really well and that of course was an added bonus.

Absolutely no discount….. however, my dealer offered me a granny charger he had lying around when I asked if we would get one FOC when become available. So I am really happy that…and him :)

Thanks all - understandable there's no discount. I'll see what he offers me for my existing car, and go in armed with a WBAC estimate.

Apologies if this is best asked in a different thread but i would be interested in what anyone gets or has been offered re: paint protection on the MG4 and what cost. On balance I'm likely to get it done but am bracing myself for the quote. It's one thing i would be prepared to haggle on as surely there is good margins for the dealers...

Apologies if this is best asked in a different thread but i would be interested in what anyone gets or has been offered re: paint protection on the MG4 and what cost. On balance I'm likely to get it done but am bracing myself for the quote. It's one thing i would be prepared to haggle on as surely there is good margins for the dealers...
I do not intend to have this treatment done to mine, as I am keen on getting front colour coded parking sensors fitted, which they can arrange locally, and prior to pick for £300.00, plus I have close to £500 to pay for Car Insurance, but I am happy to ask rthe question on behalf of a ‘Friend’ should you be happy to take your car to my dealer in Lincoln. Or just so you know what a Lincoln dealership would charge 👍

I do not intend to have this treatment done to mine, as I am keen on getting front colour coded parking sensors fitted, which they can arrange locally, and prior to pick for £300.00, plus I have close to £500 to pay for Car Insurance, but I am happy to ask rthe question on behalf of a ‘Friend’ should you be happy to take your car to my dealer in Lincoln. Or just so you know what a Lincoln dealership would charge 👍
Actually that's a useful point as i was considering front sensors but wasn't going to make an immediate decision. If having the paint protection done first is therefore a waste of time it might be a good reason to hold off. If you happen to find out the cost all info welcome but don't go out of your way as I'm not local to Lincoln. Lovely place though!

Actually that's a useful point as i was considering front sensors but wasn't going to make an immediate decision. If having the paint protection done first is therefore a waste of time it might be a good reason to hold off. If you happen to find out the cost all info welcome but don't go out of your way as I'm not local to Lincoln. Lovely place though!
depending whre in Birmingham you are, only 77 miles, could be a nice run out in your new MG4 then pop into I town for lunch etc whilst they work on your car. They have solars, so they may even hoy some charge in for you lol

apologies: that 77 miles maybe as the crow flies . Anyway, your know where you are and how far you are willng to travel.

No trouble, if I remember, i will let you know the costs.

depending whre in Birmingham you are, only 77 miles, could be a nice run out in your new NG4 then pop into I town for lunch etc whilst they work on your car. They have solars, so they may even hoy some charge in for you lol
Fair point! Got a week in St Ives to navigate first but food for thought.

In knowing that our particular dealers will have all been on the “what does this button do” training by the end of play tomorrow, I am going to ask him every question I can think of …..including the best 10mm spanner to buy and more importantly, where to store it), when picking up my car, but am going to record the entire handover on my phone. I am not young, but I am not old, however, i do often forget what I go up stairs for, so with in mind, I want to have a recording available, so that I do not keep asking you lot, then try to search for a thread I asked the question on, forgetting, then posting a new thread! 😁

I would expect there to be more flexibility on and part ex valuation than the price of the car but I’ve not got to that point either
didn't it used to be that a cash buyer should be in the best position to bargain? I'm finally able to be in such a position, and can't help but think I'm not in the best position to haggle

didn't it used to be that a cash buyer should be in the best position to bargain? I'm finally able to be in such a position, and can't help but think I'm not in the best position to haggle
Sorry Vini, I think we have both missed the boat on that one.

Too many Macro financials going on these days (I blame Thatcher!! Obviously being a Geordie 🤣).

Not at the moment, as i belive MG are expecting very larage numbers of sales on the 4, but with almost any other car, the only discounts you tend to get these days are fTom finance companies on the PCP/The Never Never/ On the Knock deals. They will often give a sizeable discount (normally £1500 ) to get out on finance.

Very fortunate peoples like us, could then settle within normally 3 months, with very little interest charged, but maintain the initial £1500.00 discount).

Whilst the MG4 has not yet got any such deals, I feel confident it will next year.

Fantastic Polling Lads and Lasses ! 🤩

80 People on MGEVs Community have ordered 8% of the total MG4;s initial batch.

I understand the nuisances may include some of these may be for the second batch on here for differing colours and specs and needs, for the the Pedants out there (AH-OK, etc), but without drilling down in very much time consuming and further parameter data, I think it is safe to say that our forum has ordered a sizeable chunk of the first ever batch of MG4’s 👍

Great idea, I’m in, 👍
The wait is over for me, tomorrow at 1:00pm I’m picking up my MG4 SESR in Artic white, so excited !
when I saw it this morning I was really impressed and so were others in the dealership, staff came over to have a look at the little gem.

I tried for a deal but to no avail, normally I can get something but was told the margins are so slim, personally im really pleased with the unintentional privacy glass upgrade and type 2 connector.

I tried for a deal but to no avail, normally I can get something but was told the margins are so slim, personally im really pleased with the unintentional privacy glass upgrade and type 2 connector.
Yeah, I got a bit of grief from SWMBO, IC House, re that one. But as I was paying…..unbelievable isn’t it!!!! I ‘asked’ that I be left alone to do the deAl !!!!!

We got here in the end, I know that there is nowt on the table at the moment, the reality of getting a brand new car within weeks is worth a few quid in itself ……. Here’s hoping 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back