First road trip was going so well… (Window broke)

Well a slightly happier ending, MG dealer quoted 3-4 days delivery time on a window and £225 fitted.

I guess Autoglass are a bit like US healthcare, inflated prices because insurance companies are (usually) paying and it’s not real money.

Well a slightly happier ending, MG dealer quoted 3-4 days delivery time on a window and £225 fitted.

I guess Autoglass are a bit like US healthcare, inflated prices because insurance companies are (usually) paying and it’s not real money.
Brilliant news! - what a result.

Just updating this for posterity/future reference by others maybe.
Window arrived today (4th day as predicted so that’s good)
Booked in for fitting on Tuesday.

<self indulgent waffle>
Feels like an eternity seeing the car sat out there and unable to drive it. To make matters worse my home charger got installed today (hooray, no more granny plug for me!) but hey ho. Tuesday will come soon enough and I’ll be able to enjoy it (and I’ll be SO glad again after having to revert to my trusty dino burner)
</self indulgent waffle>

Hard luck and welcome to the club, although you will probably find that most of the Forum topics on MG4 glass concern windscreen replacements (including my own thread) and the complications of having to have cameras etc recalibrated.
I would suggest you shop around and get prices from Autoglass, Auto Windscreens etc but don't assume that side glass replacements will be cheaper than windscreens - the price reflects the stocks held by the glass replacement companies and by the vehicle manufacturer.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back