First service at 15k

It's quite a leap to go from standard ICE servicing to EV servicing, if you're going to do the job properly. It'd be worth looking up your local HEVRA garage and find what their charges would be (assuming your concern over main dealer servicing is cost).

Good point re the AA cover, though I don't know what level of cover you get with the servicing.
I like the idea of HEVRA, but I think their database in my area is horribly inaccurate / out of date. I called up one of the shops and got someone's home and he said he gets a huge amount of calls asking for a garage.

When I get mine, it will be going to the local garage for servicing… not the dealer unless it’s a warranty issue.
They’ll be tooling up soon enough…. To maintain a car warranty you need to comply with the necessary original parts and the interval. Manufacturers cannot enforce dealer servicing as a condition of warranty.
True you don't have to go to the dealers but, 1. You'll lose the AA cover that comes with it and 2. you still have to follow the interval and a local garage would be hard pushed to match the dealer prices anyway. Also my dealer gives us a free teddy bear and a wash and vac, would your local man do that ?

True you don't have to go to the dealers but, 1. You'll lose the AA cover that comes with it and 2. you still have to follow the interval and a local garage would be hard pushed to match the dealer prices anyway. Also my dealer gives us a free teddy bear and a wash and vac, would your local man do that ?
Wait... what's the teddy situation? My children are obsessed with plush anything... you should have seen the obsession that has been going on since we managed to score the Octopus Energy ones...

Wait... what's the teddy situation? My children are obsessed with plush anything... you should have seen the obsession that has been going on since we managed to score the Octopus Energy ones...
MG offer AA recovery service for 1 year and a free “Morris” the bear at the time of your yearly service / health check.

Attachments

• 05FCC740-7BA4-4E5C-B572-9FA7330AC57B.jpeg
    05FCC740-7BA4-4E5C-B572-9FA7330AC57B.jpeg
    358 KB · Views: 98
I have to say Morris does look a little feminine.
My four year old grand daughter thinks it’s a girl, hence the hair slide !.
I don’t have the heart to tell her it is supposed to be a boy !.
He hugs it every time see comes to over house.
Their is another one on the opposite side of the fire surround, that is my 9 year old grand daughter’s.
You can’t give one without the other !.
As my late farther use to say.

I like the idea of HEVRA, but I think their database in my area is horribly inaccurate / out of date. I called up one of the shops and got someone's home and he said he gets a huge amount of calls asking for a garage.

Hi can you let me know which garage this is please and I will get it sorted out. You can PM if you prefer.

Hi can you let me know which garage this is please and I will get it sorted out. You can PM if you prefer.
MMS Technik, to be fair I used the landline on their website rather than the mobile published in the HEVRA database, but that kind of shook my confidence. The other nearest shops on the HEVRA db to me mention things like the G Wiz and I had questions about whether they were legit companies as a result.

Hello everyone. Lots of comments here about what value and how cheap the service is. I kind of disagree. But can someone please say what parts are replaced and what is actually done? £150 just to kick the tyres and a cuddly toy does not seem reasonable to me.

Have you had a car before? If so you ought to know that not much is done in most services, particularly interim ones where no oil, filters or anything is changed. Those where something is changed cost considerably more. But at least you'll have less of them with an EV - no plugs, oil & filter etc.

I expect the annual service is the usual checking that stuff is working correctly and making minor adjustments of stuff that isn't.

Btw £150 is not far off what an hour's labour cost at my local Ford dealer some years back.

Plus you get AA cover for another year. I take it that you had a high mileage service done.

Booking at Richmond Group, Southampton very good. I didn’t need a loan car so they found a convenient day and time. Booked in when I dropped the car off by filling out a form with contact and vehicle details. I was contacted by text and a missed voicemail to tell me car has been services and is waiting to be cleaned. I was then left a voicemail and a text to say the car was ready. Collecting the car I was informed of the work carried out. I asked if the door mirrors had been sorted (squeaks reported on the booking in form), this was followed by a response of, “I’ll ask the techinician” he returned with ”he didn’t hear any squeaking, if it happens again please return the car and we will look at it”. I didn’t have time to mess about, so walked to the car unlocked it to the familiar sound of the squeaks 😂. On the way home popped into Halfords and bought some WD40 for plastics stuff, couple of squirts on each housing and now no squeaks 😊 Now it feels a bit odd as the familiar noise is no longer 🤪 On another note, nice paying the £15 per month for the service plan, the bill would have been £117.96. Only thing to report is tyre wear LHF 3.5mm, RHF 4.1mm, LHR 6.3mm & 6.4mm.
£15/month=£180. Not nice compared to £117.96 ??

Hello everyone. Lots of comments here about what value and how cheap the service is. I kind of disagree. But can someone please say what parts are replaced and what is actually done? £150 just to kick the tyres and a cuddly toy does not seem reasonable to me.
Although it may appear that way at first glance, consider that it comes with FULL A.A. Recovery services for 12 months that even includes there "Home Start" service which is almost the most expensive item on the price list.
Remove the value of this and your service cost is extremely low !.
Ask somebody to drive to your house and service your central heating boiler, then compare the prices.

My dealer, Eric Steads, Sheffield, did an excellent job of washing and vacuuming my ZS, way better than the local hand wash.
Late hijack - I've put a refundable reservation on a facelift ZS with Luscombes in Leeds who I bought my Outlander off (now MG dealers) but Eric Stead are a lot closer at only (?) 20 miles away...would you recommend them for a good sales deal as well as good service?

Late hijack - I've put a refundable reservation on a facelift ZS with Luscombes in Leeds who I bought my Outlander off (now MG dealers) but Eric Stead are a lot closer at only (?) 20 miles away...would you recommend them for a good sales deal as well as good service?
Good for you !.
What did you go for ?.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom