First Service Paperwork

dougn

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
A lot of us will be having (or had ) their first service. After mine last week, I asked for a copy of what was done and I was told that it is all on line. I haven’t a problem with this but I cannot find out how to access this information. For that matter neither can the man on their service desk. He is meant to be looking into it but has not come back to me. Any body any ideas?

Just had my first service today. SOH 95% after 12 months 4300 miles.
I would say 90% of my charging is done at home with 10% been rapid charging.
My understanding is this is normal for this battery type and not too concerned about it, but will be interesting to see what it is next year. I don’t expect it to drop another 5% next year.

My understanding is this is normal for this battery type and not too concerned about it, but will be interesting to see what it is next year. I don’t expect it to drop another 5% next year.

How often do you let the battery balance at 100% charge?

Bear in mind when making comparisons that LR and SR cars behave differently.

The LR car NMC battery has upper and lower buffers (unused charge capacity) to protect the battery from extremely high and low SoC, which can cause harm. Over time these buffers are typically reduced as the battery ages to help maintain overall capacity. Therefore for the first few years it is normal to see very little degradation, but in later years it can become more apparent once the buffers are depleted.

The SR car LFP battery has no buffers, 100% is always usable, plus it has a tendency to lose a few percent of the overall capacity in the first year (which is noticeable as there's no buffer to mask it) and then has a very flat curve which means it will deteriorate very little in subsequent years - lasting considerably longer than the NMC chemistry in typical usage.

What people are reporting here is consistent with their battery type and normal expectations, including yours.

I'm fully expecting my SoH (when it gets scanned again on 03-Jan-24 because they can't find the original service paperwork) to be around the 95% mark. Anything higher will be a bonus. :)

Thanks for this, apprechiated : Anyone got their HV battery SOH value after their 1st service?
I also got a printed copy of the completed checklist, and a little business card with MG Assist extension details. HV Battery SOH was 100% after 8500 miles (Trophy).

The online service record mentioned above is just a pdf of a blank service record - nothing completed automatically

Wonder what the vehicle protection kit is ?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 520 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back