For those looking to collect their MG4 this week…

Have new MG 5 Trophy ready to go tomorrow (trading in my much loved L200 truck). No problem waiting a few more days. Only annoying issue is having to put new plates on truck as private plates on new car ready to go; insurance company state can't leave my private plate on truck past Friday.
Not dealers fault. MG is one of many brands (including banks and airlines) that have IT foul-ups that have messed-up. However MG could have picked a better time and done better prototyping of new system.

Just had a phone call to say system won’t be ready till next week so push my collection back to 1/3 to get new registration 23.
To be fair to dealer they said if my insurance incurs any extra costs they will cover it.
I’ll just wait another couple of weeks, is what it is…

MG4 Trophy Holborn Blue. I put the order in late October last year.
Thanks for that, I have a white Trophy, ordered mid November.
Was phoned mid January to tell me that it should be end of March delivery but could be sooner..... 🤔
Hopefully the actual cars ordered are coming through as opposed to random vehicles sent by MG UK.

Was phoned mid January to tell me that it should be end of March delivery but could be sooner..... 🤔
Hopefully the actual cars ordered are coming through as opposed to random vehicles sent by MG UK.
It's previously been said that MG would start building to customer order in January.

It's previously been said that MG would start building to customer order in January.
To give the dealership credit, they got my potential delivery estimate right in that the car was delivered and ready for me more or less when they said it would be. They also kept me well informed throughout the waiting period. It’s frustrating that because of the current ridiculous issue beyond the dealership’s control the car is still sitting with them, even though it’s prepped and ready ☹️
I’m guessing pick up this week isn’t going to happen, and I’m not holding my breath for next week. After all the waiting, I won’t believe the car is mine until it’s actually sat outside my house.
The whole story has sadly taken a bit of the shine off the experience of buying a brand new car for me 😳

To give the dealership credit, they got my potential delivery estimate right in that the car was delivered and ready for me more or less when they said it would be. They also kept me well informed throughout the waiting period. It’s frustrating that because of the current ridiculous issue beyond the dealership’s control the car is still sitting with them, even though it’s prepped and ready ☹️
I’m guessing pick up this week isn’t going to happen, and I’m not holding my breath for next week. After all the waiting, I won’t believe the car is mine until it’s actually sat outside my house.
The whole story has sadly taken a bit of the shine off the experience of buying a brand new car for me 😳
Thanks JD for the information, I hope things move faster for you. This whole saga has spoilt the fun for many on here.
I am sure that the wait will be so worth it, going by many other's that already have their MG4's.

Just had a call from our dealership (Swindon), MG4 was due for pickup today but unlikely now until 1 March - IT system may be sorted before end of Feb but they're working on the assumption that for the sake of a few days most will wait for the new reg.

Thanks JD for the information, I hope things move faster for you. This whole saga has spoilt the fun for many on here.
I am sure that the wait will be so worth it, going by many other's that already have their MG4's.
Waiting a bit longer for the car is a bit of a 1st world issue and perhaps not too worth getting very hot under the collar about, given what some people in other parts of the world are going through at the moment 🤔
With that in mind, I think I just need to chill out a bit and put things in perspective 😅
After having a good long test drive last year and realising just how good and how much fun the car is, it will definitely be worth it in the end.
Enjoy yours when you get it, and happy motoring 👍

Just had a call from our dealership (Swindon), MG4 was due for pickup today but unlikely now until 1 March - IT system may be sorted before end of Feb but they're working on the assumption that for the sake of a few days most will wait for the new reg.
I asked for 1 March as soon as my dealer said he had the car. Even before the current IT shambles.

Waiting a bit longer for the car is a bit of a 1st world issue and perhaps not too worth getting very hot under the collar about, given what some people in other parts of the world are going through at the moment 🤔
With that in mind, I think I just need to chill out a bit and put things in perspective 😅
After having a good long test drive last year and realising just how good and how much fun the car is, it will definitely be worth it in the end.
Yes, we have become spoiled and expect everything yesterday. A few days delay will be soon forgotten once you have the car. Difficult to get hold of many new cars at the moment unless you want to buy what is in stock.

Yes, we have become spoiled and expect everything yesterday. A few days delay will be soon forgotten once you have the car. Difficult to get hold of many new cars at the moment unless you want to buy what is in stock.
That depends on what you were told when you ordered.

I ordered mine in October and was told 6 weeks.

That was changed to 16 weeks, and now I’m on week 19 with no other date confirmed.

Meanwhile, my part ex price dropped like a stone in the interim, so at the moment I am a little miffed with this delay.

(They have confirmed to me via email that as this is an error their end they figures quoted will stay the same)

That was changed to 16 weeks, and now I’m on week 19 with no other date confirmed.

Meanwhile, my part ex price dropped like a stone in the interim, so at the moment I am a little miffed with this delay.

(They have confirmed to me via email that as this is an error their end they figures quoted will stay the same)
Understood, I was responding specifically to @jaydeejnr. That said, it is still a first world problem even though you've had to wait a lot longer than you were told.

Try motorway (not webuy) for an online quote. I sold my Toyota in the summer for 1800 more than webuy offered.

And the current offer on our Ateca 19 reg 34k miles is 800 more than the decent price the dealer offered

Hopefully Holden will come good for me, they seem to be a quality Dealer. This will be my second EV from them. 🤞

The sales rep at the dealership just forwarded this email to me:

Hi All,

I have just attended a Teams Meeting in which we were updated with regard to the current Sales Systems Issue.

There is currently NO CLEAR indication on when, or indeed if, the system can be launched for February.
Dealers are strongly recommended to contact all Fleet/Private and Motability customers to delay registration and collection of cars until 01 March onwards.
I have been advised that recovery processes and resetting the system, COULD take so long that, by the actual launch date (if in February), most Fleet and Private customers would probably wish to migrate to a new “23” plate.

On behalf of MG, I apologise for the current issues and assure you we do recognise the stress and inconvenience this has caused to your dealership, your staff and in particular their very customer facing role.

I will, as always, try to keep you the best informed Region.

So, don’t expect your car this side of March… 😩

The sales rep at the dealership just forwarded this email to me:

Hi All,

I have just attended a Teams Meeting in which we were updated with regard to the current Sales Systems Issue.

There is currently NO CLEAR indication on when, or indeed if, the system can be launched for February.
Dealers are strongly recommended to contact all Fleet/Private and Motability customers to delay registration and collection of cars until 01 March onwards.
I have been advised that recovery processes and resetting the system, COULD take so long that, by the actual launch date (if in February), most Fleet and Private customers would probably wish to migrate to a new “23” plate.

On behalf of MG, I apologise for the current issues and assure you we do recognise the stress and inconvenience this has caused to your dealership, your staff and in particular their very customer facing role.

I will, as always, try to keep you the best informed Region.

So, don’t expect your car this side of March… 😩
Sounds like a mess. Just like most IT upgrades these days. I do hope it doesn't drag on into March.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back