For those looking to collect their MG4 this week…

Sounds like a mess. Just like most IT upgrades these days. I do hope it doesn't drag on into March.
It's actually hard to believe that an absolute vital system like this isn't thoroughly and simultaneously tested and double checked before it's updated. Not being able to deliver cars that are in fact standing right there on the dealer's yard for WEEKS seems rather unprecedented to me.

And I'm not talking about general delay of delivery here. We all know about supply chains and chip shortage. I'm talking about avoidable error and amateurism here.

It's actually hard to believe that an absolute vital system like this isn't thoroughly and simultaneously tested and double checked before it's updated. Not being able to deliver cars that are in fact standing right there on the dealer's yard for WEEKS seems rather unprecedented to me.

And I'm not talking about general delay of delivery here. We all know about supply chains and chip shortage. I'm talking about avoidable error and amateurism here.
Agreed. Hopefully the seriousness of the effect on the bottom line means that they will fix it quickly.

I think this was the final nail in the MG coffin for me. The dealership who I had placed a £250 bet with back on the 01st October (turns out it wasn't a deposit for an actual car) said they would deduct another £250 from the value of my part exchange as I would be on the 23 plate and "all cars drop in value with new plate".

Er...no, its sat in your fricking lot since end Jan because MG are a (Mess Globally) ? that made my blood boil so I cancelled on the spot and took my bet (again, it wasn't a deposit) back and walked out.

Anyone else noticing the glut of used and "nearly new" MG4's on Auto-Trader? Residuals may be affected with this mess and so many cancelled orders and people walking away.

I think this was the final nail in the MG coffin for me. The dealership who I had placed a £250 bet with back on the 01st October (turns out it wasn't a deposit for an actual car) said they would deduct another £250 from the value of my part exchange as I would be on the 23 plate and "all cars drop in value with new plate".

Er...no, its sat in your fricking lot since end Jan because MG are a (Mess Globally) ? that made my blood boil so I cancelled on the spot and took my bet (again, it wasn't a deposit) back and walked out.

Anyone else noticing the glut of used and "nearly new" MG4's on Auto-Trader? Residuals may be affected with this mess and so many cancelled orders and people walking away.

Approx 300 cars on autotrader. Around 240 are brand new. So that leaves 60 cars all of which have extremely low miles and some are likely demonstrators.

I see nothing insideous.

Apart from perhaps the cars are not actually available and they are fishing for orders. Otherwise there are really 240 cars looking for homes whilst everyone is waiting???

I understand that there is a software update from MG and the dealers have not control over this, but I don’t seem to be getting much communication from the MG dealership I am using in Yorkshire for an MG4 I have ordered. if it is not going to be delivered in March, I will need to cancel and get a used car as we cannot go without a second car for much longer, both of us having jobs that require different commutes.

Approx 300 cars on autotrader. Around 240 are brand new. So that leaves 60 cars all of which have extremely low miles and some are likely demonstrators.

I see nothing insideous.

Apart from perhaps the cars are not actually available and they are fishing for orders. Otherwise there are really 240 cars looking for homes whilst everyone is waiting???
I would say the brand new cars are not actual cars and just advertising. If you look, most of the pictures seem to be stock, or pictures of the car you can test drive and not for sale yet.

I got that figure down to 45 by using autotrader used national...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230218-112712_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218-112712_Chrome.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 167
I understand that there is a software update from MG and the dealers have not control over this, but I don’t seem to be getting much communication from the MG dealership I am using in Yorkshire for an MG4 I have ordered. if it is not going to be delivered in March, I will need to cancel and get a used car as we cannot go without a second car for much longer, both of us having jobs that require different commutes.

I would say the brand new cars are not actual cars and just advertising. If you look, most of the pictures seem to be stock, or pictures of the car you can test drive and not for sale yet.
Same boat here - explained to dealer that we will need to look for an alternative as we have been without a car for three weeks now (sold our BMW M140i privately in preparation for the new car and now regretting it a little!). They have now said that we can have a courtesy car on Monday. If they come through with that, we'll hang on for a 23 plate.

Same boat here - explained to dealer that we will need to look for an alternative as we have been without a car for three weeks now (sold our BMW M140i privately in preparation for the new car and now regretting it a little!). They have now said that we can have a courtesy car on Monday. If they come through with that, we'll hang on for a 23 plate.
That sounds like a good dealer, trying their best to help you with a problem they haven't caused.

Hi just to pop into this discussion

I am in the same boat I was due to collect my vehicle beginning of Feb.

I have been told the same the computer systems are getting migration updates within a few days.
I had a phone call from my dealer who said they have had a memo from headoffice to say it would be march at the earliest.

I spoke to head office myself and they also stated that they had sent a huge memo out at the beginning of January to say that the systems are being updated and will be down for a certain number of days or weeks but then he explained to me that if customers cars were delivered or on there way to the dealer and the dealer knows the number plate and VIN number they can of should of registered the vehicles by the 1st Feb 2023.
This was a MG communication that all dealers received so customers could collect there car without any delay.

So if your vehicle was due to be collected and at the dealership or in the country waiting for transportation before the 1st of February then you should of been able to collect your vehicle as the dealerships at notice at the start of January.

Mine was delivered to the my local MG dealers on the 3rd Feb so they wasn't able to tax the vehicle as I was a few days out of the timeline.

I have great sympathy for my dealer his has been fantastic with myself and he is having to speak to numerous people and give them this bad news with regards the march date.

It's unfortunate but as people have stated that MG should of really done this over the Xmas period or got the systems sorted in a way that it wouldn't inconvenience customers.

I also spoke to Headoffice for MG and was told that some dealership systems were up and running but my dealer stated that they would not take headoffices word for it..

Anyway hope this of help to people who have been told different dates but the latest is march I been told hopefully they can get this done quicker

Good morning, I know March 1st is only a week away but I was curious. Over a 3 year period roughly how much value difference is there when it comes to resale of 72 vs 23 plate MG 4?
Thanks in advance :)

Good morning, I know March 1st is only a week away but I was curious. Over a 3 year period roughly how much value difference is there when it comes to resale of 72 vs 23 plate MG 4?
Thanks in advance :)
Given that the oldest MG4 on UK roads is about to turn 6 months old, I suggest you ask again in August 2026.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back