Frozen door to electric charge socket

Getting the pod point fitted today, but still cannot use it as the flap on the charger point on the car is still not fixed by Arnold Clark. They have said there was trouble getting the part and repair would be delayed again.

Car was due to go into Arnold Clark tomorrow to get fixed and I have just received an email from them saying they cannot get the part for another couple of weeks. Why did I go to Arnold Clark .

In this case, it's almost certainly not an Arnold Clark problem.

I remember I had a Mercedes and I got a letter from them offering to fit the "My Mercedes" hardware for free to my car which would link into my phone. It also gave them a way of telling me to come in for an extortionately prices services.

I booked in, turned up and waited for 3 hours while it was in the workshop. I was fed nice coffee and posh biscuits while I waited. At the end of it, a young lady came out and sat down and talked me through the full inspection that they'd carried out (all free) including updating the software, topping up the levels and replacing a clip that was a factory recall.

"Great" I said, "Now how does this My Mercedes thing work then"

"Oh" she said "We haven't got any in, you'll have to come back for that"

I never returned ... although the biscuits and coffee were quite nice.

I have to take time off work to get this done.
I stay about a 45 min drive from the garage and they keep telling me that there are never any courtesy cars available.

Hi I tried to defrost the flap door using a hairdryer but no luck. I am starting to think the door is just stuck. Anybody know if there is a manual way of releasing it just to test it. It has been below freezing here for most of the last couple of weeks. Very frustrating! Thanks!
I faced similar issue this morning. What I did is:
1. Push the door once.
2. Insert key/bank card in door gap n give slight pull and it will get open.

For me it worked.

Frost tonight but not any harder/ colder than it has been earlier this week, but the flap to plug the lead in won’t open. The flap isn’t solid in the bodywork but the catch that holds it closed isn’t releasing it. I will leave it until tomorrow and see what happens when the frost is gone. Its only -4 tonight, if the cold is the problem it must be a nightmare in colder climates.

Follow up on my problem last night when I couldn’t charge my car up because the flap on the car charger wouldn’t release. This morning, +3 degrees and opened no problem. So it was the cold weather. Might be a deterring factor to buy the car if you live in a country with a freezing temperature for months.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom