Frunk solution ZS

Not sure I took the car to the hardware store and 8mm bolts and threads were what he said fitted
Regular M8 bolts from Halfords fit great thread-wise. The bolts are a bit too long to fit length-wise so I just used a tap to extend the thread of the bolt holes (the thread doesn't go all the way down). It was easier for me to do this rather than cutting the bolts.

This just popped up on the French ZS FB page, a free frunk option that all users already have by moving the rear storage tray from under the boot floor into the front. Ingenious.

1660747814631.png

Is it just lodged there? I can’t tell if it has been bolted in place or not. Seems like a clever hack, as I would prefer to store my charger lead under the bonnet.

Is it just lodged there? I can’t tell if it has been bolted in place or not. Seems like a clever hack, as I would prefer to store my charger lead under the bonnet.
No comments on the post, just the pic and that it fits. I guess it's a case of grabbing out the insert out of the boot and seeing how it fits.

But won't it melt because of the hot exhaust? ;)
Seriously though, the air conditioner's condenser could get pretty hot in summer.

It's an intriguing idea though.
The ac/dc charging converter gets very warm when charging on 7kw home charger in uk so I assume the foam will insulate the converter and potentially not allow components to breath / cool as they should.

I assume the foam will insulate the converter and potentially not allow components to breath / cool as they should.
I don't believe it would be in danger of overheating, it would just run the coolant pump a little more, reducing charging efficiency a little. Though the radiator for the on-board charger might be under the foam too.

No comments on the post, just the pic and that it fits. I guess it's a case of grabbing out the insert out of the boot and seeing how it fits.
Looks like a good idea, I'm looking forward to hearing some reports from people trying this out. My 2022 model is about to arrive, so excited!

Just tried it and found you would need to do some serious cutting down to get it to fit.

F9C6C569-0797-45A9-BDD3-CEE06A981016.jpeg

Just tried it and found you would need to do some serious cutting down to get it to fit.

Comparing the two photos you can see where a section has been removed. But it's still an option if you can get an inexpensive one to sacrifice.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom