Granny won't wake up !

Hi all picked up my new mg4 trophy yesterday and note granny charger cable is quite short and won’t reach my garage where 3 pin plug is located.
My wife has a Volvo v40 supplied with a longer cable which willl reach my car charging point will it work or do I have to use an mg one?
There is one way to find out. Try it.

A granny charge is just a power supply to the car like a wall box, they do not tell you which wall box to use.

Don't quote me on this, but I think these things are pretty generic and will work on any car with a suitable charging port.

How long is your lead? I measure mine and it's 4 metres. Fortunately my car's charging port is a metre and a half from the 13A socket when garaged.

I just didn’t want to damage anything that’s all

I'm pretty sure you won't. If there was any danger of that, there would be big warnings on the MG not to use any other device, and there are no such warnings.

Hi, No it doesn't. On an MG4 the 12v is charged when charging the main battery is in progress, not when stopped. If you look at the iSmart app it show your 12v at something like 13.8v or 14.3v when its charging, then drop to something like 12.4v when not charging.
I drained my 12v by using the iSmart app and unlocking / locking the car a fair few times (with wing mirrors folding and unfolding) and not enough charging taking place to top it up.

The Smart plug I am using is from TAPO, energy monitoring version P110
As I am doing some battery yes on a scooter I thought I would send you the photo of it. These are 75amp and have been running over two hours so is a pass

Attachments

• IMG_3063.jpeg
    IMG_3063.jpeg
    459.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3064.jpeg
    IMG_3064.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 58

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%