Indeed, unfortunately it is typical of social media / forums. Bringing so many different people together with differences of opinion who are all behind a keyboard.
Inevitably a conflict of opinions which should be constructively discussed, but often in the heat of exchanges things are written in haste and responses can also be read in a manner not intended, so escalation can ensue. A human condition.
All opinions are valid and should be viewed / discussed with respect.

I think its fair to say front wheel drive is the safer option, much more difficult to get into trouble, when you do get the understeer simply lifting off the throttle restores normal service. Rear Wheel Drive does generally give better handling, is infinitely better at putting the power down but can really bite when you over cook it with oversteer which unless you're very chilled and experienced can be very difficult to recover from. Four Wheel Drive gives the best of both worlds, good handling, brilliant at putting the power down and is pretty much drama free, especially when a 60:40 split is done.

I think its fair to say front wheel drive is the safer option, much more difficult to get into trouble, when you do get the understeer simply lifting off the throttle restores normal service. Rear Wheel Drive does generally give better handling, is infinitely better at putting the power down but can really bite when you over cook it with oversteer which unless you're very chilled and experienced can be very difficult to recover from. Four Wheel Drive gives the best of both worlds, good handling, brilliant at putting the power down and is pretty much drama free, especially when a 60:40 split is done.
Yes it is inherently safer but modern traction control systems have solved oversteer dangers. 4WD is best but heavier.

All four wheels are driven thus not suffering from the wheel spin and torque steer of, for example, the FWD MG ZS EV, we prefer AWD for the SUV. TBH, I never feel an SUV is a proper SUV with just FWD 😉
A good driver doesnt need 4wd to avoid wheelspin. And as i said only car i ever had to take care to avoid wheelspin was a very powerful rwd BMW. You're confusing a tractor which is 4wd with a road vehicle which doesn't need it. 99.9% of the time they just use more fuel and make more pollution for no purpose. Do you really like Chelsea Tractors, the closest they come to going offroad and needing 4wd is when they park on a pavement? LOL.
I do wonder if maybe the MG4 i drove was a bad example (though that wouldn't excuse the terrible cheap looking interior) , OR maybe the MG ZS EV you drove was a bad example.

A good driver doesnt need 4wd to avoid wheelspin. And as i said only car i ever had to take care to avoid wheelspin was a very powerful rwd BMW. You're confusing a tractor which is 4wd with a road vehicle which doesn't need it. 99.9% of the time they just use more fuel and make more pollution for no purpose. Do you really like Chelsea Tractors, the closest they come to going offroad and needing 4wd is when they park on a pavement? LOL.
I do wonder if maybe the MG4 i drove was a bad example (though that wouldn't excuse the terrible cheap looking interior) , OR maybe the MG ZS EV you drove was a bad example.
Your posts are becoming non sensical and I think everyone here is getting bored with the off topic discussion. I'm all for reasoned debate and difference of opinion but the tone of your posts is becoming progressively more illogical and OTT. Feel free to have the last word on the subject (y)

I did thirty years of being a voluntary driver and the absolute best car for transporting five large adults was the Citroen BX. The only car out of about seventh volunteers that would easily allow a client with a full leg plaster on to easil y get in and out. The entire chassis could be dropped which again made access easier. It also stopped traffic firms from being able to get a clamp over the wheel. In floods and snow I could simply lift the suspension nine inches. Over the years I bought seven of those BX models and they were like the Tardis looked small on the outside but used to convey four clients and a fairly large driver who all used to request the most comfortable car. I nOw drive a Trophy which is great fun to drive , software issues aside, but the will is a negative for what you are going to be using it for. Good luck!

I've just volunteered to be a driver for our village scheme which hasn't actually got off the ground yet. They'll just have to take the car I have, because I'm not changing it for that!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back