Has anyone received their lease order yet (excluding Vanarama)?

sticky99

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
We ordered a Trophy back in April for lease. Usually buy a car rather than lease but husband keen to try EV without commitment of keeping it long term. Getting monthly updates from lease company that tell us nothing, that it might arrive Dec or first quarter 2023.
Now just had our Tiguan MOT’d and annoyingly it has various advisories. Off to view Niro and MG4 next week to get more options. So keen to hear if anyone has received their lease order this year to help our decision making as to whether we order something else or buy second hand something. Thank you.

Have you looked on the tracker? Lease orders have been received:
And others have commented on receiving their orders too:
Consider that there are people waiting a year now for their ZS, so if I were you I wouldn't expect a car before April - if it does turn up earlier then it's a bonus. Also I'm perhaps being dumb, but if you had bought an EV outright, why would you have to keep it long term? Surely you just sell it or trade it in?

Have you looked on the tracker? Lease orders have been received:
And others have commented on receiving their orders too:
Consider that there are people waiting a year now for their ZS, so if I were you I wouldn't expect a car before April - if it does turn up earlier then it's a bonus. Also I'm perhaps being dumb, but if you had bought an EV outright, why would you have to keep it long term? Surely you just sell it or trade it in?
Thanks - I can only spot around 3 lease orders that have been received on that order tracker! Or maybe I am missing something. I know it's been mentioned that maybe lease orders are not getting priority - hence my question. And yes - I would just buy one and sell it on! Think his logic is that lease cost would equate to the loss of value over the 3 years - I'm not so sure :)

Thanks - I can only spot around 3 lease orders that have been received on that order tracker! Or maybe I am missing something. I know it's been mentioned that maybe lease orders are not getting priority - hence my question. And yes - I would just buy one and sell it on! Think his logic is that lease cost would equate to the loss of value over the 3 years - I'm not so sure :)
If you don't get any other responses, just search this forum or the shipping thread for 'lease' or maybe even 'Tusker' as they seem to be supplying some customers even if it's only a few.

This will be my first EV also... I'm thinking that if I don't like it, or I continue to be unimpressed by MG's customer service, or the charging price continues to increase, then I will just sell it on. Even without the artificial inflation of used car prices, I think I will at least get my money back🤞

No.

April orders are a little early for delivery on current wait times. Expect 10-12 months.

No.

April orders are a little early for delivery on current wait times. Expect 10-12 months.
Yes I realised that, just wondered if people who ordered a lease earlier in the year had received theirs. Anyway decided we don’t want to wait and spend out on the Tiguan so bought a used Kia Niro PHEV yesterday !

We ordered a Trophy back in April for lease. Usually buy a car rather than lease but husband keen to try EV without commitment of keeping it long term. Getting monthly updates from lease company that tell us nothing, that it might arrive Dec or first quarter 2023.
Now just had our Tiguan MOT’d and annoyingly it has various advisories. Off to view Niro and MG4 next week to get more options. So keen to hear if anyone has received their lease order this year to help our decision making as to whether we order something else or buy second hand something. Thank you.
Not received my mg zs ev longrange from Gridserve that we ordered at start of January. The rang today to say that because if lockdown in parts of China it wouldn’t come until next year. So cancelled. Might consider an mg4 on pcp instead. The come much more quickly.

Hi, I received my ZS SR (blue) on Monday. It’s leased through a company scheme and I think it came from Chapelhouse. I ordered at the end of April.

I ordered the Trophy back in January via motability and can't even get any sort of eta from the dealership. Did manage to get the order number from them so emailed MG direct and they advised at the start of this month that it hasn't been built yet and no eta for when it is due to be built. From what I've seen on other forums lead times seem to be anything from a couple of months to over a year. MG has said they don't prioritise orders in any way but ad hoc information that I've seen, in my opinion, seems to suggest that buying gets priority, then leasing, then motability, but of course I can't prove that in any way. At least your lease company is keeping you updated every month.

I ordered a ZS Trophy through Vanarama in November last year for March delivery and was given a date in April. End of March had a phone call informing me that the car wouldn’t arrive until September. In August received another call saying it was likely to be April 2023. Cancelled the order and got a cancelled order MG5 Exclusive from my local dealership.

I’m still waiting…. I Ordered my ZS LR Trophy last Feb. It was still in TBA status a month ago. I’ve not been given any delivery date as yet.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom