Has anyone rejected a car due to bms fiasco

It gets better, just been told that im getting a aygo as a hire car initially for two weeks (the dealer has an option to extend) I understand that for a one day service an Aygo would probably meet most peoples needs but a minimum fortnights use !!
If you have a sold a defective car the least you can do is supply like for like.
My whole MG ownership experience is being tainted by things that MG could improve easily but they choose not to.
Has anyone ever got an apology over BMS problems ? Im really frustrated at the seemingly suicidal tendencies of MG in the UK.

Hi Guys,
Only had my ZS Exclusive for a few days - it's a year old but I am confused a little with your thread. First of all when you say "BMS" what do you mean, and secondly, can you explain why the voltage (430v) is being mentioned. Sorry to be a bit nerdish but like I say - just learning!

Hi Guys,
Only had my ZS Exclusive for a few days - it's a year old but I am confused a little with your thread. First of all when you say "BMS" what do you mean, and secondly, can you explain why the voltage (430v) is being mentioned. Sorry to be a bit nerdish but like I say - just learning!
You can see this podcast that explains all you could learn about BMS.

Recieved this in an email from MG customer service today

"I will reiterate that there is no fault present on the vehicle and your dealership Gallaghers MG are carrying out cell rebalancing to assist you as a gesture of goodwill.,

So all you customers will batteries at 433v or below dont worry its all fine.

This is why i cannot recommend that anyone buys an MG

I've had the exact same issue, every dealer is the same, and they say the car is FINE, my car is stuck at 430V even after 6 balance charges. The dealers just dismiss the issue, and MG UK are even worse and don't help. This will be the only car I buy from MG, utter joke
I bought this car to take my dogs out and now i feel ive let them down.

@Pattolad just as a matter of interest, what range are you getting on the GOM, in Normal mode with HVAC off, after fully charging it ?

Hi again pattolad I may have miss something but have you any news about your car you said it was going into Gallaghers on the 29th June so any out come yet
Les

From my experience rejection is much harder than you think and knowing what i do now and as previously stated, i would only give the dealer once chance to fix this and make sure it's within the first 30 days (although not 100% sure if this applies to used cars).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom