Have I got a battery problem?

Ted the dog

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello everyone
Not sure if this is an issue or not, but it’s been bugging me for a while
So, my MG Es ev should do around 150 - 160 miles when fully charged.
I have a podpoint at home which I use to charge the car overnight and when it’s charging it’s between midnight and 7am
Let’s take last night for example. When I turned the car off it said I had 85 miles of charge left
I charged and it put in 21.2kwh (cost £1.60 marvellous!) however I only had 135 miles now
The meter says full
Why am I not getting enough charge to get me to the max of 150/160?

You may find that at this time of year with the cold temperatures your range will drop. 135 miles sounds about right in these lower temperatures. My car is 22 months old and always drops off at this time of year but come the warmer weather the range was back up to the 160 mile mark. So I wouldn't think there is anything wrong with your battery. All EV's suffer reduced range at this time of year.

You may find that at this time of year with the cold temperatures your range will drop. 135 miles sounds about right in these lower temperatures. My car is 22 months old and always drops off at this time of year but come the warmer weather the range was back up to the 160 mile mark. So I wouldn't think there is anything wrong with your battery. All EV's suffer reduced range at this time of year.
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. You’ve put my mind at rest

Yep the range calculation takes into account several factors including the temp and how the car has been driven. This is normal behaviour and you should see an increase as the weather gets warmer.

I think that that is about right, your temp last night was about freezing I think. So that's about right winter range. Keep an eye on it when we get some warmer days.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom