Have MG pulled the R46 Update in UK

dahills1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Ok, so very frustrated with MG. My MG Trophy LR went in for its 15,000 mile service last week and they allegedly updated all software. Unfortunately after the update my infotainment system is still on R24. I asked what was needed to get this updated to R46 and the two dealerships I have spoken to tell me that there are no updates available. Has MG pulled the R46 update for some reason? The dealerships seem to know nothing and I cannot find anything on the MG UK site.
Any info / advice greatly appreciated 😀

Did several standing starts in sport mode but didn’t get into track mode this time. Had some fun kicking the back end out and drifting on slimy roundabouts. It’s a great fun through messy, gravelly, slimy country A/B roads and was enjoying the front motor spinning up to pull out of fast corners.
Sounds like my local roads!🤣

Ok, so very frustrated with MG. My MG Trophy LR went in for its 15,000 mile service last week and they allegedly updated all software. Unfortunately after the update my infotainment system is still on R24. I asked what was needed to get this updated to R46 and the two dealerships I have spoken to tell me that there are no updates available. Has MG pulled the R46 update for some reason? The dealerships seem to know nothing and I cannot find anything on the MG UK site.
Any info / advice greatly appreciated 😀
I think there's a an R59 version available now ?

With a bit of research on here you may be able to put together a list of issues/problems that are Infotainment related and ask for them to be fixed.

e.g.
  • frequent Bluetooth disconnections
  • black screen when using Carplay sometimes
  • screen switching from day to night frequently in just slight dim light

Pics and info here :-

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No