Headlights

Yes...(there is a video on Utube somewhere) my son tells me that if you go to the brightest/whitest level, it may be illegal in this country if you don't have automatically self levelling lights....and we haven't....but... we do have adjustable one's and mine is on the lowest setting. I'm saying no more.....make your own decisions.;)
it costs about £20, takes 15 mins and is fully reversible...there is another tread on here somewhere which may be helpful.

Not sure if there are the exact same bulbs...but they look the same.

Last edited:
I never realised that you could change the headlamps, I thought that I was experiencing being dazzled more these days due to the number of Chelsea tractors on the road & the fact that I'm getting old.

All road users have a responsibility to each other as such they are probably illegal for a good reason

Attachments

• PXL_20201218_182353255.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20201218_182353255.NIGHT.jpg
    655.3 KB · Views: 181
  • PXL_20201218_182344575.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20201218_182344575.NIGHT.jpg
    620.2 KB · Views: 178
Nice, but expensive.
You get what you pay for 🤷🏼‍♂️ These are a 1:1 size comparison to the halogens so I know knew they would work without causing scatter.

Also projector units don't create the same amount of lux as the same bulb in reflectors (I watched a controlled test of halogens vs LED's in both reflector and projector units) so I went to brighter 60W bulbs.

The lights on our cars really are lousy, I tried brighter halogens at first, still rubbish. I've now got a pair of 12k lumen LED's waiting to fit, but having seen your 20k set, I'm tempted to send them back and buy a set of those!

20K is pretty much the highest specific output I could find, don't want to have something much more powerful than that due to the power they'd use.
I've tried 10 and 12K bulbs in the past in projectors and been disappointed so went for these.
They also have an external, inline driver so they're stable and small. They're also really heavy, made with high quality metal.
In use they look to be about 5000 Kelvin's so they don't have that white/blue look either.

You get what you pay for 🤷🏼‍♂️ These are a 1:1 size comparison to the halogens so I know knew they would work without causing scatter.

Also projector units don't create the same amount of lux as the same bulb in reflectors (I watched a controlled test of halogens vs LED's in both reflector and projector units) so I went to brighter 60W bulbs.
I paid half that for my Nighteyes, same "1:1" size as the halogens and with the recommended COB LEDs. No scatter, clean beam cut off line and the beam height is exactly the same as it was with the halogens.
COB LEDs are brighter, consume less power, and output a higher quality beam of light compared to older LED technologies.
drums punchline GIF

The clips must be softer when warm, I did mine in the Summer and managed not to break any.

Did mine yesterday.
One clip broke and I was trying to be careful.
Based on the reflections off parked cars they should not dazzle oncoming cars when dipped.

Related question:

I remember headlamps having 3 wires with 2 filaments. (Like stop/tail lights have).

How does switching between dipped / main beam work when there are only 2 wires to the lamp?

Did mine yesterday.
One clip broke and I was trying to be careful.
Based on the reflections off parked cars they should not dazzle oncoming cars when dipped.

Related question:

I remember headlamps having 3 wires with 2 filaments. (Like stop/tail lights have).

How does switching between dipped / main beam work when there are only 2 wires to the lamp?
Good question and I have no idea

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom