Headlights

Yep, done that too. He said it only applies to a certain range of chassis numbers and the latest batch have the fix pre-applied 😊
I would check/question that since the latest batch were on the high seas for months before they got here and the recall has only just come out.

If I were you'd I'd ask the dealer to do it (it should have been done anyway) or give your local MOT station some tea money, they'll do it in minutes and you know it's right 👍

If I were you'd I'd ask the dealer to do it (it should have been done anyway) or give your local MOT station some tea money, they'll do it in minutes and you know it's right 👍
Didn't lift my bonnet on it's pdi, absolutly filthy under there and not even any screenwash, i took it back and they said they are not allowed to clean it due to h&s lol, so i doubt the lights were checked

Didn't lift my bonnet on it's pdi, absolutly filthy under there and not even any screenwash, i took it back and they said they are not allowed to clean it due to h&s lol, so i doubt the lights were checked
I think I'd seriously find another dealer, that is awful service and the worst excuse I've ever heard for not completing a PDI properly. Name and shame in the dealer section!

They are a new dealership finding their way, I'd rather not name and shame for the sake of a washer bottle fill and a bit of a cleanup under the bonnet. I have since px my zs there for a 5LR and they really looked after me, free mats and mudflaps

That might explain things. I've been happily driving along at night wondering what the problem is as I can see fine. I have a feeling my dealer keeps an eye on this forum though so they probably do check that in the PDI.

The only annoyance with the headlights is that it seems that if I try to do a quick flash (or double flash) when the lights are on, it just rams the main beams on for a second or so instead of just flashing... but that only seems to be over a certain speed. It's enough to turn a friendly gesture of flashing someone into my lane into an aggressive blasting of the headlights as though I'm accusing them of pulling out in front of me.
When I try it parked, it flashes as I would expect.

Good job there's a full screen display that tells me the main beams are on though. I'd never have noticed from the world around me lighting up...
To resurrect an old thread...

I've got auto high-beam turned on. When the main beam was on, but I wanted to switch to dipped lights (ie to override the car's decision) I pushed the stalk forwards. This turned them off, but also seemed to disable auto high beam (the light with the 'A' in it disappeared from the instrument cluster).

To re-enable it I pulled the stalk towards me, which also turned on the high beam (rather than flash once).

But, if AHB is already enabled (but I'm on dipped lights only), pulling the stalk briefly results in an equally brief flash of the main beam.

The manual's not exaclty a wealth of information on the matter, but I think I should have pulled the stalk towards me to temporarily disable AHB. I'll try that next time I need to dip 'em manually.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom