UPDATE (Are the MG5 headlights bright enough? Has anyone upgraded them?)

I think the MG5 headlights are ok maybe upgraded bulb will help. But my problem is not with the MG5 headlights, it is with those coming towards me which in some cases are so bright there is no way of seeing where you are going and even more so if you have the same behind you at the same time. I find myself aiming for the darker spot to the left of the bright lights coming towards me, a bit like coming out of a tunnel when my headlights take over and I can see where I am going again. i Don’t think brighter lights on my car will help in that scenario.

I think the MG5 headlights are ok maybe upgraded bulb will help. But my problem is not with the MG5 headlights, it is with those coming towards me which in some cases are so bright there is no way of seeing where you are going and even more so if you have the same behind you at the same time. I find myself aiming for the darker spot to the left of the bright lights coming towards me, a bit like coming out of a tunnel when my headlights take over and I can see where I am going again. i Don’t think brighter lights on my car will help in that scenario.
I had a similar problem some years ago, a visit to the optician helped.
Even though my eyes were up to standard for driving, my right was very slightly out of focus and new long sight glasses made a huge difference to glare.

to mix aphorisms: Fighting fire with fire makes the whole world blind

Thanks Kithmo for reply. Done the eye thing, got the anti glare tint on glasses as well.

I was taught wayyyy back when learning to drive to centre my eyes on the left gutter driving at night. That was when sealed beam units were not uncommon and we used to moan about halogens as they stood out as being much brighter

I was taught wayyyy back when learning to drive to centre my eyes on the left gutter driving at night. That was when sealed beam units were not uncommon and we used to moan about halogens as they stood out as being much brighter
Same here, I hated Austin Allegros for their Halogen headlights, amongst other things. ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom