• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Heater and Air Con not working new car

MattinGlos

Novice Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of my MG ZS EV yesterday, all fine but the heater and air con (fan) doesn't seem to work. The temperature 'gauge' and fan speed indicator on the infotainment screen move when I twiddle the knobs but no air out of any of the vents. When I press the air direction buttons I can hear flaps moving behind the dash. Has anybody else come across this problem?

I had this problem when I picked up my car back in march, Lucky I notice before I drove off, The tech found that the fuse was not full pushed in fully, So might be something you can do yourself or take it back to dealer should be a quick 5 min job

Once you set a temp and an air flow, It might be worth double checking the setting controlled by the up and down buttons,.....repeated pushes run through a cycle as displayed as the top / in the middle of your screen.

(I was driving around for a week with no air on my face!!)

thumbnail_IMG_8579.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_8580.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8580.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 313
  • thumbnail_IMG_8581.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8581.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 267
  • thumbnail_IMG_8583.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8583.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 303
  • thumbnail_IMG_8584.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8584.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 290
I checked the fuse - and it was missing completely! That's not entirely true, it was in a little plastic bag in the glove compartment. Presumably it's removed to minimise battery use during delivery etc and someone forgot to put it back. Anyway all works well now :)

Hi
I have had this on Pdi, the fuse was missing from the engine bay fuse box, there was no fuse in a bag though.
The Dealer I have just left, no longer has any qualified MG trained techs as I was the only one who stayed long enough to complete all training, I'd expect that's true for most other dealers who allow any of their techs to complete pdi's for vehicles their not trained on. Its a bit of a joke and used to infuriate me when cars came back because they were not checked properly. Its also embarrassing.

I suppose these strange times we are going though and with many dealers shut for months, have made the situation worse.:(

Hi Chris,

Sorry to bother you, I have just received the LED Lamps and I have had a quick look at the replacement process. I took off the dust cap and can see the original headlamp bulb (well the rear of it anyway) and I am a bit concerned that when I have fitted the LED bulb that I won't be able to refit the dust cover (I think that is what it is called). Question, will the cover fit back?

Regards

Frank

They are a bit tricky..but I did it OK, as I said you unscrew it, but its rather tight because of the large O ring fitted in the dust cover....just moisten it with a smear of oil or grease of similar..only a tiny, tiny amount, don't get anything on the bulbs. There is enough room to fit it all in. The bulb unscrews in a similar way.....1/2 turn, something like that. try it!

Chris,

Thanks, I will do it later now that I know that I can fit the dust covers back. I wouldn't have liked to fit the new bulbs and drive around without the covers letting dirt and moisture in.

Regards

Frank

Chris,

Thanks, I will do it later now that I know that I can fit the dust covers back. I wouldn't have liked to fit the new bulbs and drive around without the covers letting dirt and moisture in.

Regards

Frank
Perhaps you’ve already seen this. Just for info:

Perhaps you’ve already seen this. Just for info:

William,

Thanks, I just looked at it after having a quick attempt myself. I found the bulb very tight and was worried about breaking it, however after looking at the video I will give it another go. The video didn't mention if you pushed in as you untwisted it anti-clockwise or in fact pushing in again when putting it back clockwise, so I am going to give it a go again in a minute.

Frank

I wish I'd seen a video before I changed my bulbs, I too was afraid or breaking something.....I tried one's similar to yours, and they were better than the originals, but changed them yet again for LED's. I wish I'd photographed the bulbs before I fitted them...but I didn't. They give a very white light.

Attachments

• IMG_8529.JPG
    IMG_8529.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 316
Guys,

Thanks for your help and the link to the video. All done, once I got past the "oh shit, I am going to break this point" it was all ok and as you said Chris a little bit fiddly getting the old bulbs out but the new ones once you fed the extra cable length in fitted very easily. The hardest part was getting one of the dust covers off.

Light is brighter by a large margin and the spread does not seem any different to the original bulbs so hopefully I won't be blinding other drivers.

Frank

Hi
I have had this on Pdi, the fuse was missing from the engine bay fuse box, there was no fuse in a bag though.
The Dealer I have just left, no longer has any qualified MG trained techs as I was the only one who stayed long enough to complete all training, I'd expect that's true for most other dealers who allow any of their techs to complete pdi's for vehicles their not trained on. Its a bit of a joke and used to infuriate me when cars came back because they were not checked properly. Its also embarrassing.
I’m a bit concerned now - the dealership you have just left is the one that I got my new car from 4 weeks ago! I’ve not had any issues with the car so far and the service staff seem to be very amenable and customer-friendly BUT my C2 update scheduled for last week was cancelled at short notice because the MG computer system was down!?!?!
Having heard nothing for ten days, I chased them up this morning only to be told that they have had no MG system for 2 weeks (unsure whether it is their server or MG‘s network) but that they “hoped” to be up and running again next week. The slight encouragement is that they claim to have completed the C2 update on their demonstrator and are happy to carry it out for customers once they are back online.
Why did you leave? Or, more to the point, why did they let you leave?

I wish I'd seen a video before I changed my bulbs, I too was afraid or breaking something.....I tried one's similar to yours, and they were better than the originals, but changed them yet again for LED's. I wish I'd photographed the bulbs before I fitted them...but I didn't. They give a very white light.
are there any legal issues in fitting the LEDs and are they straightforward swap as in the video?

I think there is some confusion about the type of bulb and what actually is an 'LED'...... I have been told that in order to fit the more powerful type of LED legally, the car needs to be fitted with automatic self-levelling systems...which I don't think ours is. I think you need to do more research, if you are worried about breaking the law.

I checked the fuse - and it was missing completely! That's not entirely true, it was in a little plastic bag in the glove compartment. Presumably it's removed to minimise battery use during delivery etc and someone forgot to put it back. Anyway all works well now :)
Hi. Any chance you could let me know the location of the fuse for the HVAC?

Wow

I have the same issue on my new MG ZS. I’m going out to check the glove box!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom