Heating problem

I have had numer 1 before and that can as Said be rectified by sertinh the temperature higher. Hower my current problem sounds similar to number 2 even if it was not related to loading the car, running in manual worked on mine.

The dealer should call me back when they got the solution from MG am tested on some of their cars first.

A fun fact about the app in my iPhone is that sometimes when it scans my car it reports the inside temperature as 87 degrees centigrade even when it actually is below freezing. 😂
I checked my charging earlier today. Very nice weather so car was warm when I got in as sat in sun but mine also was reading 87.

Eber’s is also reading the same in his app.

I just checked mine and is saying 29 degrees now but is not charging whereas it was earlier.

Curious all the same number so maybe this is just a not currently reading temperature bug so just display default number…

Unless it is actually Fahrenheit!

So I just checked the app. Said 87 so I’m clicked the refresh and reading 19 so temp gauge must be buggy on first load.

My Luxury having trouble with the heater, start the heater from the app and it blows cold. If I get in to the car before the 10 minutes is finished and the heater blows cold. This is even when adjusted to 32c with and without auto.
Lock and leave the car for a while (soft reset) and the heat is back. I use 25c in the MG4, in my Toyota Auris I use 19,5c.

Last edited:
My Luxury having trouble with the heater, start the heater from the app and it blows cold. If I get in to the car before the 10 minutes is finished and the heater blits cold. This is even at 32c with and without auto.
Lock and leave the car (soft reset) and the heat is back. I use 25c in the MG4, in my Toyota Auris I use 19,5c.
Are you setting the temperature from the app? After starting the heater, you need to set the desired temperature on another screen within the app. Just checking you’ve done that

No, did not know of the other screen will cheeck this later cause the app is acting up a bit know, it won't start the remote heating (it's connected to the charger and charging is finished).

Thank you for the heads up on the hvac screen in the remote heating, think it's stupid to put that radio button innside the remote heading screen.

Yes it was set to 22c in the app (in my car cold air), further testing must wait to later.
The sun is out here on the northwest coast of Norway, and I'm running to get my shorts on before it's changing its mind. 😉

P.s. The heater have acted up outside of the remote app situation to, last evening we was doing some grosery shopping and it went dead cold on us when we drove home (heated ok on the way to the shop). 🙄
I think someone fed the gremelins in my car after midnight.😁

Thank you for the heads up on the hvac screen in the remote heating, think it's stupid to put that radio button innside the remote heading screen.

Yes it was set to 22c in the app (in my car cold air), further testing must wait to later.
The sun is out here on the northwest coast of Norway, and I'm running to get my shorts on before it's changing its mind. 😉

P.s. The heater have acted up outside of the remote app situation to, last evening we was doing some grosery shopping and it went dead cold on us when we drove home (heated ok on the way to the shop). 🙄
I think someone fed the gremelins in my car after midnight.😁
Yeah it’s a little silly for the app not to have a pop up asking what temperature you would like when you first activate the HVAC remotely. Glad you found it though.

As for the refusal to work when plugged in but not charging, this is a bug it would seem. Some owners suffer from it whilst others (myself included) don’t.

Do you not have to press the send button in the temperature screen?
Once you choose a temperature, the app should prompt you to enter your PIN code, then automatically send the instruction to the car.

I did exactly the same thing the first time I tried out the pre-heating. Yes, it's mad. But at least it works when you know what to do.

Yesterday I pre-cooled the car and racked the temperature down to about 20 on the app. When I got in the car the pre-cooling had worked, and I noticed the dashboard was showing the temperature set at 26 where I'd left it, not at 20.

(Always factoring in that the temperature you get is about 5 degrees less than the temperature on the read-out!)

The sun is out here on the northwest coast of Norway, and I'm running to get my shorts on before it's changing its mind. 😁

Same here, in Scotland.

I remember pitching up in Honningsvåg on a cruise ship and everyone on the quay was in t-shirts. My friend said, oh but they breed them hardy here! In fact it was about 20 in the shade all day, wall to wall sunshine, and I was wandering around in shorts and a t-shirt myself, having abandoned the sweatshirt. That was in July.

Enjoy.

Hi.
I have a MG4 from July 23, but 22 model. I bought it "0 miles" from dealer few weeks ago and definitely the heat pump has the problem you talk about. I've to set it to 27 degrees to receive some hot air. It's incredible. Do you know how are dealers solving this issue?

Thanks.

I find the temperature when it "switches on" varies. Today 24C = Unbearably hot in car, 23C = Cold in the car. It is a binary system, either on or off, we have to constantly manually intervene to keep the temperature comfortable.

I just had a look at the system, there does not seem to be an air temperature sensor on the screen vent, just the face and feet. Today (and quite often tbh) we have had the system configured to use the screen vents only to clear the screen quickly. I'll try it with the face and/or feet vents open as well next time...

Some people seem to have a system that's perfectly fine so long as you remember to set it for about 5 degrees higher than the temperature you actually want. Others complain that their system goes from hot to freezing with no temperate zone in between. Those cars in the second category have a fault, I think.

I have a trophy and note the issue seems to be linked to outside temperature. In summer I set it to 23c and it keeps blowing cold even when actual temp is lower. On cold days now, the same setting continuously pumps super hot air until it’s unbearable

Never encountered that. I leave it at 28C (because I want 23C) and get 23C. In summer I have reduced that to counter solar gain from the windows, but that's all.

In my opinion they are more interested in snaring new customers with additional models (ER, X-Power) and by making changes to the existing models to address the superficial knee-jerk reservations of people seeing the cars for the first time (rear wiper, centre headrest, grab rails, fancy wheels) than sorting out the more insidious problems that the buyer will only discover once they've parted with their money, and which aren't serious enough to trigger a rejection.

Yes, you are right. Dealers are.... dealers. They paint the picture beautiful but the car has a lot of problems that they know nowadays. They are selling cars. The problem is with the service after it. They don't know how to solve nothing.

Does anyone have any information on whether the heating fault has been resolved by MG? I purchased an MG4 Luxury and the heater is not working either. It doesn't matter if I set the heater to AUTO or ECO or 30°C. It only blows icy air. Even on AC the windshield doesn't fog up, as if the A/C isn't working either. I have the heating set according to the photo. Thank you for any information.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 53

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member