Help! Cannot activate my new MG ZS EV

melg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I am trying to bind to the MG iSMART app.
It’s telling me to activate but when I try this it says the parameters are incorrect.
I consider myself quite tech savvy but I’m lost.
Can anyone help please

There are problems binding with Samsung phones you can get round this by using a different phone to bind then log in on same account with the Samsung phone (you are binding the account not the phone so it don't matter witch phone you use )
Some other people have got it to work having usb lead plugged in for some reason

Make sure you use email and not phone number
Agreed.
Some folks have had more luck getting the App to bind successfully by using their e.mail address, I must be one of the few people who got theirs to work, by just using my mobile number !.
I am using a IPhone 📱 13.
If I check my account, there is still no e.mail address populated in the necessary field.
Obviously it needs some means of contacting you, should the car develop serious issue and it needs to contact you.
A few months ago, my car threw up a TPMS warning ⚠️ and about 10 minutes latter it sent a text to my phone, warning of the issue.
It flags up the problem in the App.

There are problems binding with Samsung phones you can get round this by using a different phone to bind then log in on same account with the Samsung phone (you are binding the account not the phone so it don't matter witch phone you use )
Some other people have got it to work having usb lead plugged in for some reason
Thanks I’ll try the USB I’ve got an iPhone.

Agreed.
Some folks have had more luck getting the App to bind successfully by using their e.mail address, I must be one of the few people who got theirs to work, by just using my mobile number !.
I am using a IPhone 📱 13.
If I check my account, there is still no e.mail address populated in the necessary field.
Obviously it needs some means of contacting you, should the car develop serious issue and it needs to contact you.
A few months ago, my car threw up a TPMS warning ⚠️ and about 10 minutes latter it sent a text to my phone, warning of the issue.
It flags up the problem in the App.
I can second that the iPhone works. Not sure how I connected as it took a number of goes to suddenly find job‘s worth messages turned into success. I have TPMS warnings at the moment so need to put a bit more air into the tyres.
Very happy overall.

Thanks I’ll try the USB I’ve got an iPhone.
I have seen posts where people have struggled with iPhones below a certain number and Requires iOS 12.0 or later
Also is the app up to date 1.1.1 is the latest iPhone app

iPhone XR using 16.3 so up to date.
It is working via blue tooth for media , phone etc but will not give me the QR code to bind for the app.
I am now wondering if I gave up too quickly and should have kept trying.
I’m going on a mission in the morning and let you all know.
This forum is so useful thank you everyone

The amount of posts there are on registration failure...crazy.

MG seriously need to sort this dog's breakfast out.

@melg
If I have understood it correctly, you have the iSMART app installed on your phone, but cannot get the QR code? Can you see the QR code on the infotainment screen, but not get the phone to recognise it?

Got to Settings > System, you should then see a Activation tab, click that and let that communicate with the server. Then you should see the QR codes. If not Factory Restore the Infotainment system.

Got to Settings > System, you should then see a Activation tab, click that and let that communicate with the server. Then you should see the QR codes. If not Factory Restore the Infotainment system.
Remember to scroll down fo the QR code, its down near the bottom, caught me out the first time

Thanks done all this but activation will not proceed so no QR code it’s going to have to go to dealer thanks for your help

It offered me restore factory settings but didn’t know if this will wipe certain things that are put on at the start?

I wimped out and declined

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom