• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

HELP - Charger Port Pin Broken

MacG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi,
I hope members can offer me some advice.
It looks like the CP pin in the socket is broken off. Obvs the car won’t charge. I have 14% left.

I will ring the dealer in the morning but not sure of the fix time etc etc. this is my only car.

Hi,
I hope members can offer me some advice.
It looks like the CP pin in the socket is broken off. Obvs the car won’t charge. I have 14% left.

I will ring the dealer in the morning but not sure of the fix time etc etc. this is my only car.
Is it definitely broken off the CP pin is recessed more than the others? Have you got a picture?
Screenshot_20230505-193801.png

Look for another reason your car won't charge. Go through your normal charge routine. When you put charger plug in car socket can you hear pin engage?

Definitely broken off compared to the PP pin. Is this a relatively quick fix? Can I expect the dealer to take into account that this is my only car?
The pp is bigger and longer to start with so you can't really compare
If it is broken then you're probably looking at a new socket so it's down to parts availability and the availability of technicians at your dealer

The pp is bigger and longer to start with so you can't really compare
If it is broken then you're probably looking at a new socket so it's down to parts availability and the availability of technicians at your dealer
It’s broken off right at the base so can’t engage in the female socket of the charger head on the 7Kw or CCS

The short pin is an intentional design feature. The need to hold the connector up to initiate the charge is surprisingly common - I believe it may be to allow the locking pins of the car connector to correctly mate with the cable connector to permit charging to commence.

If the pin is broken you should find it it the last type2 plug you used or you will,just brake the next one.

Nothing wrong with that from that image. As mentioned numerous times previously The CP pin is shorter as it tells the charger and car if the connector is fully inserted

As also mentioned previously: look for another reason the car wont charge. Try a different charger e.g. granny charger to test

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom