Help with My Lane Keep Assist Solution

The mods might be unhappy with that, oh I see....

As an alternative to Towing Mode for those long hot summer days when it does not rain for months on end , like here for example. Mix up quarter teaspoon of cocoa , drinking chocolate, with a few drops of water, into a thin paste. Take said mixture to your recently cleaned windscreen and with a suitable digit smear over the triangle under which lurks the camera. This lets enough light through so the camera is still working but it "thinks?" its foggy and cannot operate.

This turns off LKA ACC, TJA , emergency , unwarranted , phantom braking and the sign recognition and auto high beam at night. In return you get your rear parking sensors back. On the driver's screen you will get some messages of failures, and take it to a dealer, but they disappear and can leave the yellow warning triangle lit. Again if you want to use any of these systems a damp tissue restores them, as does rain, windscreen wipers and washer so not a permanent solution. In case of an accident make sure you have the foresight to use the wipers and washer to avoid any awkward questions although all the disabled systems can all be "legally" turned off by going through the menus. Like Marvin the paranoid android no ones going to read this so I don't know why I'm bothering really, brain the size of........................... :D

I read it 😎.
Anyway, wow!! Thanks for that. I'd love to try it out but.... Towing modes fine. Just have to remember not to wait for beeps when reversing to use brake 😱

My last ICE was a 15 yr old Merc ML500.
I put the towbar on it, which had never been used as far as I could tell. I'd been using the reversing sensor prior to that. It was only after about the third time of reversing up to the garage door that I realised the bleeper was no longer bleeping. The garage door is not as flat and flush as it once was. Never felt a thing guv.
Removed towbar {ahem}

You could have proximity sensors on the garage door with a remote switch which squirt water onto the rear screen at a set distance. Also handy for unwanted night visitors. :geek:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back