Hi Any of you guys are on the Octopus Intelligent Tariff ? I was told my MG4 is not qualified , would appreciate your feedback , Thanks

SULLY111

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi
Any of you guys on the Octopus Intelligent Tariff with your MG4 EV ? I was told my MG4 EV is not qualified , would appreciate your feed back please , I was told a few week ago my MG4 EV is qualified and today they are saying its not .
Regards
Sully111

Profiteering. Won't be long before they go down the same road as people like Dyson or Richard Branson etc. In fact it's already started. Just saying. 🙂
If their sole aim was profiteering, why would they constantly keep driving their prices down? Why would they invest in the development of smart tariffs?
Just saying too 🙂

If their sole aim was profiteering, why would they constantly keep driving their prices down? Why would they invest in the development of smart tariffs?
Just saying too 🙂
Octopus prices aren’t always going down, just being moved about from peak, off-peak and daily standing charge rate. They attract you with one rate while upping the other two by 0.xx if a pence.

Smoke and mirrors ! 😂

I'm waiting for Northern Powergrid to unloop me and upgrade my fuse but I'm with Octopus EV.
As Themist0 said it works with the Ohme Pro.
I had a 60amp fuse and assumed it would need to be upgraded, but the ohme pro has a Ct clamp which monitors the overall power consumption of the house and with ‘throttle back’ if it gets too high. I have the dishwasher and/or washing machine and/or dryer going at the same time as the car and all is fine…

Octopus prices aren’t always going down, just being moved about from peak, off-peak and daily standing charge rate. They attract you with one rate while upping the other two by 0.xx if a pence.

Smoke and mirrors ! 😂
Exactly! And they make you do the work to save what?..... £150?
They are not angels lol.
All I'm saying is they are a business like any other. Etc.

Smoke and mirrors ! 😂
Care to explain this?

octopus price drop.PNG

It looks a bit like a price reduction to me..........:cool:

Exactly! And they make you do the work to save what?..... £150?
They are not angels lol.
I'm not sure what work theyre making people do, I cant say as I've noticed it.

All I'm saying is they are a business like any other. Etc.
Thats the point, theyre not like any other, theyre the top, the very best in the game as proven by independent surveys.

I’m coming to the end of my Octopus Go Faster deal, that tariff is now defunct.
So I need to decide on intelligent or…the other one, I forget.
I know my car is supported for intelligent but read quite a few bad stories about it.
Think I prefer a fixed charging time tariff.
But unwilling to sign up quite yet, I’ve got a few weeks left to decide.

I know my car is supported for intelligent but read quite a few bad stories about it.
Sounds like work to me 🙂

It's obviously too complicated to explain my views on here. Put extremely simply, just make it as cheap as possible for EVERYONE. Not going to say any more on the matter other than what I said earlier.... Time will tell.

Hi
Any of you guys on the Octopus Intelligent Tariff with your MG4 EV ? I was told my MG4 EV is not qualified , would appreciate your feed back please , I was told a few week ago my MG4 EV is qualified and today they are saying its not .
Regards
Sully111
You can use octopus intelligent with any EV.
They only have certain makes where they have access to the manufacturers API - this is when they have access and can connect direct to the car and control the charge.
If this functionality is turned off in the octopus app you can charge any car and just apply the off peak schedule in the car or on your wall box.
I charge 3 cars at home only one of which uses the octopus intelligent API when charging.
If for example you chose a manufacturer that is covered and switched to OI you could charge your MG on the IO tariff by setting a schedule yourself.

Remember with Intelligent you get fixed charging time 23:30 to 05:30 as well as the other times that Octopus control.

It's obviously too complicated to explain my views on here. Put extremely simply, just make it as cheap as possible for EVERYONE. Not going to say any more on the matter other than what I said earlier.... Time will tell.
Which is what theyre doing as best they can.

People that can use intelligent are rewarded by Octopus being able to control when vehicle charging can take place during peak times when they have a surplus of energy available. People with EV's can also use GO which gives them cheaper prices when there is a surplus of energy overnight. They offer tracker which follows the wholesale price of energy. I really dont see what your arguments is, if Octopus doesnt fit your beliefs and requirements, go elsewhere it's dead simple.

Sounds like work to me 🙂
It seems you have a strange definition of work. Maybe you feel moving and clicking the mouse and typing on a keyboard is a real workout for you? breakout in a sweat just thinking about it?

Zappi not currently compatible or the MG4 although I have logged into the site asking them to integrate the car. So the option is Octopus Go. I am an existing Octopus customer and when I clicked on the sign me up for the Octopus Go tariff all it was doing was keep sending me further down the page to the terms and conditions. It wouldn’t let me sign up. So I have emailed them this evening. So we will see if they respond
I had exactly the same thing with the signup website. Spoke to someone and got signed up so not a full charge is £5 at 7.5p per kW.

I had exactly the same thing with the signup website. Spoke to someone and got signed up so not a full charge is £5 at 7.5p per kW.
Got a reply and they gave some instructions as to what to do to sign up which they said I had to login first then click the tariff tab on the left but there wasn’t one anyway I have managed to sort it by googling Octopus Go page whilst signed out first then clicking on a load of statements then clicking sign me up.

They then sent me some terms and conditions to agree to and within an hour after they checked they could get 1/2 hour readings and bang it was done. Octopus Go is 9.5 p per KW it is Octopus Intelligent that’s 7.5p at least where I am anyway but it’s still cheaper than charging up at full rate.

Got a reply and they gave some instructions as to what to do to sign up which they said I had to login first then click the tariff tab on the left but there wasn’t one anyway I have managed to sort it by googling Octopus Go page whilst signed out first then clicking on a load of statements then clicking sign me up.

They then sent me some terms and conditions to agree to and within an hour after they checked they could get 1/2 hour readings and bang it was done. Octopus Go is 9.5 p per KW it is Octopus Intelligent that’s 7.5p at least where I am anyway but it’s still cheaper than charging up at full rate.
Great news, well done, enjoy GO.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel