Home charger/evse help

I shown him all the photos & explained my current household loads & he's asking the dno to do a site visit when installing to assess my usage and he's sent the ENA (I don't know what that is!).
I am pretty sure the ENA form, is the official request to check condition and suitability and upgrade / replace the main cut fuse for your property future needs.
Sorry @Ayoull just spotted your brilliant answer to the question, before I made my comment (y).

Hi I'm a recent member to the forum, been reading the posts for a while but only joined when I ordered an mg4 trophy.

I'm in the process of getting quotes for an evse installation and the prices for both the pod point solo 3 & easee one are coming back about the same. Initial Thoughts were I'd go for the easee one as it looks nicer to me and the app gets good feedback, however when I've looked at the typical installations for both I noticed the pod point comes as standard with a ct clamp to allow dynamic load balancing.

A bit about my installation needs;

I don't have solar or a dual rate tariff, have a 100a main fuse already installed, no empty banks in my existing metal consumer unit so a a mini consumer unit would need to be fitted but that's listed in the pod point install. Have included pics of my current electrics.

I suppose the question is should I go with my head and opt for the 'CT clamp pod point' install even though with a 100a main fuse it shouldn't overload, or, follow my heart and go with looks and the easier app interface of the easee one?
Go with the Easee one it requires no ct clamp all protection built in

Go with the Easee one it requires no ct clamp all protection built in
I think the inbuilt load management is for balancing the load for extra connected evse's and you need the accessory in the photo to get household dynamic load balancing/management

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-10-16-13-31-694_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-10-16-13-31-694_com.android.chrome.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 53
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom