Home Charger

Congratulations on your new car. The home chargers are all very similar - if you stick to well known quality brands. I would recomment that you get a charger that allows you to do a timed charge on your new car using the charger app as this will help if you go on a cheaper tariff. Podpoint are one of the leading suppliers and fitters in the uk but there are many many more. It’s always best to get them professionally fitted too - you may qualify for the government grant. Some rate this site for info.
here is Podpoint
🙂

You’re welcome. Having a home charger is very useful. Do you know if you qualify for a grant? Did you get any advice from the MG dealer when you purchased your car? I think MG now suggest podpoint home chargers. How is the car by the way?

Great. I think you’ll love the car. Post some early experiences on here 🙂

I also have a Rolec though I didn't have a choice as it was provided by MG during their promotion. I was lucky to get the Scottish Government grant as well. Have to say that the unit has worked perfectly in normal use if you want to want to programme a charge overnight to take advantage of cheaper tariffs. I'm a wee bit disappointed that EV Energy who operate it, haven't progressed the software to include the MG ZS and allow me to see the state of charge.

I don't need anything fancy as we have a carport and I can just pop out and start charging after the off peak rates start at 10.00 pm. I bought the cheapest I could find in Australia and it was still $950! And that is without installation. There can't be more than $100 worth of components in it so someone is making a killing.

I don't need anything fancy as we have a carport and I can just pop out and start charging after the off peak rates start at 10.00 pm. I bought the cheapest I could find in Australia and it was still $950! And that is without installation. There can't be more than $100 worth of components in it so someone is making a killing.
You could always consider fitting a suitable Wi-Fi switching device, if you wanted to control the timed charging function of your car ?.
A lot of owners in the U.K. have gone for this option because as we know, the MG ZS EV does not come with an “App” in Blighty !.
A long story that has been done to death on the forum already.

Had no end of trouble with mine and on charger no. 2. First charger just charged constantly, second one the scheduling facility doesn't work and I can't control it with the app. It seems to be a common problem. BP say it's the car, MG say the car is fully up to date. Plus BP customer service was appalling, until Motability, through whom I lease the car, stepped in to help. Now having to look into other ways of producing a timed charge, either by buying a lead from Ohme or getting someone to install a timer, as suggested by the engineer who replaced the original charger.

Had no end of trouble with mine and on charger no. 2. First charger just charged constantly, second one the scheduling facility doesn't work and I can't control it with the app. It seems to be a common problem. BP say it's the car, MG say the car is fully up to date. Plus BP customer service was appalling, until Motability, through whom I lease the car, stepped in to help. Now having to look into other ways of producing a timed charge, either by buying a lead from Ohme or getting someone to install a timer, as suggested by the engineer who replaced the original charger.
I have a BP home charger that works on Mini and Honda for scheduled charging via Chargevision but my MG ZS will not do a delayed charge only an immediate charge. I don't need scheduled charging so will only bother the dealer at the first service to see what/if any updates may be necessary.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom