Home charging your new MG4

Oh yes. Should your main fuse be 100 amps for a single phase home charger? If less
I may not need to get the tails changed?? My cousin is an electrician, so will do the charger install for me.
It’s good you have a electrician in the family, is he a installer as well for charge points so he would have the test equipment. I. Going to past below so one from Smart home charge as advice, do not forget if not installed by a certified EV installer and something should go wrong your home insurance may not cover you.

On top of the reasons mentioned above, EV chargers require specific skills to set up. Electricians that opt to install EV charging equipment without the correct training and certifications risk breaching the Electricity At Work Regulations Act 1989. Charge point installations, therefore, should only be undertaken by those with experience in installing EV charge points and have the accreditations to prove it.

It is the law but it doesn't mean that the job is done properly even then sadly. The whole Part P cartel have this wrapped up for their benefit.

It is the law but it doesn't mean that the job is done properly even then sadly. The whole Part P cartel have this wrapped up for their benefit.
I thinking of getting the MG4 but I have to jump through hoops if I what a charge point at home as we live in a housing association house.

As above, not if you are willing to accept potential throttling. Don't forget that you may also just be deferring the inevitable - now with 2 EVs, battery storage and a small ASHP we sometimes hit the 100 Amp limit of the main fuse on our property.

How do you tell?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom