How / can you check battery SOH ?

To check the battery voltage, press the middle button on the steering wheel (right hand side)
switch on steering wheel.jpg

and then the left/right arrows until you see the 'shield' (looks like one anyway!). You'll see the tyre pressures and the battery voltage.
screen.jpg

That's the 12V battery voltage ... this thread is about the HV battery, and its health status. (SOH = State of Health)

I believe other MGs offer such information in the driver or info display. (ZS / MG5 - at least prior to the facelifts).

ABRP does now show degredation, I have a NEXAS ODB2 dongle and my car with just shy of 2500 on the clock is showing 1.8% degredation which is a tad higher than I'd expect, but not going to worry just yet as degredation is higher in the first year than the remainder of the cars life generally.

Edit:

Screenshot from ABRP

Screenshot_20230323-102519.png

Last edited:
Hi interesting picture above I don’t really no but I see the SoC is 37% would the degradation figure be the same when fully charged?
Les

Hi interesting picture above I don’t really no but I see the SoC is 37% would the degradation figure be the same when fully charged?
Les
I can take a look tomorrow after I've had the car in charge tonight.

I do wonder how they're reporting the SOH unless it's reading the ODB2 readout from the BMS as if it's voltage based cross referenced with the reported SoC there is a potential for discrepancies as we know LFP have a flat discharge curve except for the extremes

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back